O/T: Volbeat

Miltbrand

May 15, 2004
Denmark
Go to www.volbeat.dk and listen to a couple of songs by Volbeat!

The band has been characterised as Hellvis Metal, this suits the music pretty well. The lead singer, Michael Poulsen (who was also the main man in Dominus, a viking/death band, ages ago.), has a voice not unlike that of Keith Caputo and even some Hetfield sneaks in here and there!

So if rock n´ roll metal with an Elvis obsession sounds good, go check out the songs in the website´s download section...

:headbang:

I downloaded "I Only Wanna Be With You." He does sound Keith Caputoish, although Keith didn't sound like himself to me on their latest album. I'll download the other two when my DSL is back up and running. Dial-up sucks for downloading anything.

Miltbrand said:
Go to www.volbeat.dk and listen to a couple of songs by Volbeat!

The band has been characterised as Hellvis Metal, this suits the music pretty well. The lead singer, Michael Poulsen (who was also the main man in Dominus, a viking/death band, ages ago.), has a voice not unlike that of Keith Caputo and even some Hetfield sneaks in here and there!

So if rock n´ roll metal with an Elvis obsession sounds good, go check out the songs in the website´s download section...

:headbang:

Poulsen is clearly a very clever guy, but I wish he had kept with the style on Dominus' "the first 9". An all time classic that spanks the ass of anything vol.beat ever did!

Everything is starting to pick up!!!

Blabbermouth said:
Danish metallers VOLBEAT, who won honored in the "Best Debut Album" category at the Danish Metal Awards 2005 last month, have been nominated in three categories on Denmark's most acknowledged and respected musik-award show called "Steppeulven". The awards ceremony will take place at Vega in Copenhagen on January 28. Other nominated bands are KASHMIR, MEW, RAVEONETTES, TV-2, L.O.C, MAGTENS KORRIDORER and BIKSTOK RØGSYSTEM, among others.

www.volbeat.dk said:
VOLBEAT is among the 10 best releases in the year 2005 in DENMARK'S 2 biggest news papers B.T and POLITIKEN . The band appears on the list together with such Bands as ROLLING STONES, RAMMSTEIN, MOTORHEAD, AUDIOSLAVE, THE DARKNESS, THE WHITE STRIPES, GORILLAZ, RAVEONETTES.