Oak Knoll Untapped Desolation Vol 2 picking up speed

Oak Knoll

Oak Knoll Productions
May 17, 2002
Attleboro, MA USA
www.oak-knoll.com
The new volume 2 Oak Knoll CD(r) sampler called Untapped Desolation is not gaining momentum. I have some bands that I will post here to let you know who will be on it. It's pretty well packed now with some previous obligations and some new obscure bands. But do post and chat about it here - your recommendations, opinions. Stayed tuned- I'll have a rough draft of all the songs that will be on this volume #2 cd. It's subject to change though as I use this post to help me work out the details etc.

Here are some potential tracks: (subject to change and in no particular order)
  • Evermork - new demo song - from Primates to Cosmos
  • Shroud of Bereavement - song from Of Ages
  • Calmsite - new song?
  • Born of Thorns - new song
  • Warblade - new song from The Phantom Blaze (upcoming album)
  • Lord Grief song
  • Enormity - new demo song
  • A Terrible Night for a Curse - song off their latest demo
  • Azalon - Blessing Obscure
  • Dying Rose - Horse Barbarians
  • Cernunnos! - Perpetual Avalon
  • Cermonial Castings - midnight deadcult phenomona
  • Baresark - ragnarok
  • Insignium
  • LHWarmachine/Massemord
  • Locus Factor
  • Chamber of Sorrows
  • Alethian
  • Soultorn
  • Dissonance
  • Gargamel
  • Passage
  • Spazmosity
  • Withersoul
  • The Living Fields
  • Black Harvest
  • Devil in the Kitchen
  • Darkflight
  • Thales
  • Meadows End
  • Fireborn
  • Syntesia
  • Invidia
  • Bloodstruck
  • Mordisk
  • Abaroth
  • Cease to Breath
  • Fall of Empyrean
  • Dead Wish

Sounds good - do you want to send me the tracks for consideration. This cd is usually a cdr that is handed out at many shows and in my mail orders. Nothing fancy - maybe by vol 3 it will be a real pressed cd.

Some more bands - Soul Preacher (Doom metal from North Caralonia) and Devil in the Kitchen (melodic folk metal from Boston area). Darkflight also!

*** Update ***
So far I have put together a temp folder with the tunes I want on the sampler:
Ceremonial Castings- Midnite Deathcult Phenomena
Baresark - Ragnarok
Devil in the Kitchen - Heathers Concussion
Azalon - Blessing Obscure
Fall of Empyrean - Slowly Dying Inside
Evermork - From Primates to Cosmos
The Living Fields - The Miseries Never Cease
Black Harvest - Lamentation (maybe changing to Die, Lavinia)
Withersoul- Descent (maybe changing to forever i burn or now yours)

FloodTheEarthRecords said:
We would be interested to contribute tracks from Aphotic and the new Avernus album, please get back to us if interested.

Sure, I like Aphotic.. Avernus - I'll have to listen to what you have from them - I think I have a couple older cds by them. What's your fave Aphotic track?

Now I'm stuck finalizing the compilation song listing. I really want to do two cdrs - one data one audio. But I can't find cheap packaging for it. Like a cardboard sleeve that hold 2 cdrs.. or opens up like a booklet. Anyone?

Oak Knoll said:
Now I'm stuck finalizing the compilation song listing. I really want to do two cdrs - one data one audio. But I can't find cheap packaging for it. Like a cardboard sleeve that hold 2 cdrs.. or opens up like a booklet. Anyone?

That's a tough call. Have you thought about "borrowing" the packaging format of, say, Porcupine Tree's In Absentia digipak? It's cardboard and folds outward. One sleeve holds the liner notes, and the other one holds the CD itself.

Btw, Oak Knoll does distribute promos to UM for review right? I can't remember if you do or not. No pressure if you don't - though, we'd love to review your catalog. In any case, citing all my ideas regarding Untapped Desolation Vol. 2, I'll expect a free copy. :p

I've decided to just make the comps into vol 2, 3, 4 etc.. so if I have too many bands on one I'll just make another. Now I need to go finalize the lists and I'll post them back here in a couple days. I know it's been so long. But I have like 4 new releases out and will post them up in the main OK forum here soon. Or check them out on www.oak-knoll.com

Looks like I'll never be able to get vol 2 done at this rate. I'm so distracted and busy with other things. To help narrow it down and move things along:
  1. I'll be mostly using Oak Knoll artists first and bands I'm working with
    then comes other bands, friend bands, bands we like
  2. I'll post all the others on my website as mp3 downloads like some other sites are doing on a monthly basis.. compilations online but it was my idea from the start :loco: