Obi strips and CD sleeves?

p1driftfiend

Apr 19, 2005
CT
So I figure there's gotta be some buyers/collectors here that have some albums and dvds with obi strips (those fold over paper strips on the side of an album or dvd covered with jap writing).

What the heck do you do with them?

Some CDs I have came with nice cellophane sleeves that keep the obi on the case, but I recently got a DVD with a obi and I'd tempted to tape the sucker onto the DVD case just to keep it in place.

Is there any place to buy the nice cellophane sleeves that most import CDs come in?

I own tons of Japanese import CD's. I put the obi inside the CD booklet this way it stays mint.

I keep all of my obi strips and put them under the tray. However I have never understood the imports, if you are trying to sell a used jap import seems geeks are to serious about a slip of paper. Personally I don't care if it is there or not. Though these guys aren't has bad as those who get uptight over a hole punch in the UPC like serious man it is a f%#kin hole punch in a UPC get over it. I'm a dork about this too, more so than most people I know but somethings are just ridiculous.