OBSESSION: Order of Chaos

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
From http://www.bravewords.com/news/188517

Veteran US-bashers OBSESSION, featuring vocalist Michael Vescera (ANIMETAL USA, ex-LOUDNESS), recently completed work on their new album, Order Of Chaos. It will be released on October 3rd in Europe and October 9th in North America through Inner Wound Recordings, and on September 19th in Japan through Spiritual Beast.

obsession_artwork.jpg

Obsession vocalist Michael Vescera recently commented on Order Of Chaos in an interview with BW&BK:

"It’s a cross between Carnival Of Lies and the early Obsession stuff. I think it’s geared more towards the older sound, the straightforward metal like the Marshall Law album (’84), but you can hear some of the Carnival sound in there, too.”

The complete tracklist is as follows:

'Order Of Chaos'
'Twist Of The Knife'
'Forbidden Desire'
'When The Smoke Clears'
'License To Kill'
'Wages Of Sin'
'Cold Day In Hell'
'Act Of God'
'Mercy Killing'
'Dark Shadows'

The Japanese edition of the album will feature the exclusive bonus track 'The Damned'

An album teaser is available below:

Last edited by a moderator:
Has this band ever kept a stable lineup?
Just looking at that promo pic, I think the only guy still in the band from less than a year ago is the bass player.
I suppose this isn't too much different than most long running bands.

What happened to Viscera's upper range? It's not very present on this sample.

Just looking at that promo pic, I think the only guy still in the band from less than a year ago is the bass player.

What happened to Viscera's upper range? It's not very present on this sample.

Honestly, it could be Vescera and some random guys and I'd still be happy.

I have to admit that when they were booked for RAGNAROKKR last year, I had to look them up on METAL ARCHIVES, as I honestly had never heard of them. Though, I don't follow YNGWIE or LOUDNESS at all neither, so I wouldn't know Mike from his other work.

SCARRED FOR LIFE and METHODS are both really good.

Will be interesting to see how they market themselves with this release.

I'm looking forward to this release BIG TIME! I loved "Carnival Of Lies", and "Scarred For Life" and "Methods Of Madness" are among my all-time favorite metal albums. I gotta try and get my hands on the Animetal USA cds that Vescera sings on too.....

Loving this new album! Reminds me of a mix of old, and new!

I wore Methods Of Madness, and Scarred For Life out on cassette when I was going to High School!

All local CT boys - Scott (right) did the MVP stuff as well as the new Obsession stuff, as did John (the bald guitarist). Chris has had bass duties for a while, and BJ is in this band, House of Lords, and a few local acts...
Pretty sure just the drummer has changed from Jay

The classic US heavy metal band Obsession have uploaded the track "Wages of Sin" on YouTube.

The Japanese edition of the album will feature the exclusive bonus track The Damned. "Order of Chaos" can be pre-ordered through the Inner Wound Store: www.innerwound.bigcartel.com.

For more information on Obsession; Official website: www.theobsession.net / Official Facebook page: www.facebook.com/obsessionmetal.

Last edited by a moderator: