OF DYING DREAMS *UPDATE 8/30*

TribunalRecords

Record Label(s)/Vocalist
Sep 12, 2007
www.tribunalrecords.net
Since Shawn mentioned them in another thread i figured i would give them their own.

There was a band called OF DYING DREAMS from this area in NC years ago and they released a demo and self-released tape ("Drain The Light") and I have spoken to the drummer about a reissue and it started to go somewhere and then somehow it just fell apart. If there was ever a band needing to be part of the Bootcamp Series it is this band. So unique and ahead of it's time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, man...they were awesome!! I don't think they got to play much but, from what I remember, the previous incarnation known as Perpetual Iniquity played out quite a bit. The tape demo that Of Dying Dreams put out was, as Matt said, really ahead of it's time.

UPDATE 3/25/2013

Chris Ferguson (growling vocals/keyboards) and I have begun chatting which is a definite change from before. Finally able to chat with someone wanting to make this a reality. :)

They have a Facebook page going now as well: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Of-Dying-Dreams/525231290860711
Already posting flyers and there is link to one of their demos which is streaming.

Here is a scan of their cassette album we hope to reissue one day. :)
882439_10152686015090578_494459117_o.jpg

I wanted to do this years ago but it kind of got pushed back in my mind, still one of the NC bands who I alsways thought should have gotten more attention. And I agree they were a bit ahead of their time, not only musical but even with the name, three word names appeal to the kiddies.

Well it's been some time since we posted updates on this one since the band drifted off the radar for a bit.

I was given audio today (thanks to the amazing archive of Jeremy H&H Records *take a bow*) which has 20 more demos on it. Also meeting the band today to get a CD with what I believe to be an additional 15 songs.

Not sure what we are going to do just yet as far as a release but it's going to be LOADED with materials.

Well it's been some time since we posted updates on this one since the band drifted off the radar for a bit.

I was given audio today (thanks to the amazing archive of Jeremy H&H Records *take a bow*) which has 20 more demos on it. Also meeting the band today to get a CD with what I believe to be an additional 15 songs.

Not sure what we are going to do just yet as far as a release but it's going to be LOADED with materials.

I do what I can.

man that is a lot of material.

yes, disc one is Drain The Light (tape), Trapped (demo tape), possible 3 re-recorded songs, or the original demos of those 3 songs. disc two 18 more demos (which sound really really good for demos).