off to Celtic Frost ...

carnut

\m/
Apr 29, 2004
Helgium
Going to see Celtic Frost now, again another appointment with a band after 20 years or so. I'm very curious how they sound alive these days... Will put up a little review in 6 houres from now or so... Gonna be a mighty busy month..next week on a row Benedictum, a big local Blues festival and Pavlov's Dog...few weeks later Graspop festival (one day) , after that the JOP accoustic show... and I'm thinking of going to Metal Church this Sunday. Unfortunatly have to miss Queensryche on Monday :-(
Well, you can't have 'm all...

So, 6 houres later....and...They damned did not play Cold Lake stuff :lol:

Opener was ermmmm. The Dark Fortress or so...Norway Black Metal , don't know what more to say. My friend said it was good on record but live it was like any 13 in a dozen bands band to me...We left to the nearby Metal Shop and I picked up the new Beyond Twilight CD and in the vinyl section I grabbed Trauma - "Scratch and Scream", pretty rare record of this US Metal band...
We got back to see Frost of course...And they RULED !!! Look, I'm not a Black Metal fan to say at least, but Frost is different, more intens, DOOM !!!
They played most the good old stuff (Crypt of Rays, Jewel Throne, Circle of the Tyrants, Morbid Tales..) and some stuff of the new CD, which is very, very Doom live. Celtic Frost is a very tight band, all notes are hit in the right time, Tom does the "ugh" thing now and than , haha, public likes that ofcourse..If you want some classic Metal that is harder than any other go and visit a Frost gig, you won't be disappointed !!
As an extra everyone got a CD at the entrance with 2 songs of the new Frost CD and songs of the bands that support them on this tour (Hawk, you missed a good show but I got an extra CD for ya ;-)

Glad you like it, sorry for "Cold Lake" the best songs of the band are in that album :loco:

NP: Motorhead - 'Emergency'

Here's the setlist :

celtic_wil_setlist.jpg

Taken from the CF board : http://p205.ezboard.com/fcelticfrostmessageboardfrm1.showMessage?topicID=1653.topic

Even if I'm not a fan of CF I have to recognize a great balanced setlist for a comeback

NP: Dream Theater - 'The Answer Lies Within'

Waaaaay too bitcin'. I've been listening to the new album a lot. One of the best "comebacks" ever in my opinion. And that setlist covers all the bases. Very cool pictures and report.

They'll be here in October. The ticket is currently residing on my refrigerator.