Official Ass Kissing Thread

metalprof

Ken Luther
Mar 11, 2005
Valparaiso, IN
faculty.valpo.edu
As we are now less than two days from the start of CPF, I wanted to open an official ass kissing thread to say

THANKS!! :kickass: :kickass:

to Chris, Rob, John and everyone else for all their hard work. Hopefully even with all the frustration, it's still worth it!

If this was a card, I'd pass it around for everyone to sign, but it's a thread so jump in if you're so inclined.

Ken

I don't equate ass-kissing with expressing gratitude so I'll just say that I appreciate the blood, sweat and tears efforts, $$$, and free-time hours CJR-TOW-RS-all have put into making this weekend happen. Thanks everyone!

The closing of TPR kitchen baffles me, though. It's not like it's a seedy area. It pretty clean overall afaik from my experience there. I'm thinking it must not have been profitable for them to keep it running, or some other reason. Oh well. Happy travels to all. See you this weekend! :headbang:

I'm sure I'll be Frenching C-Lo when I see him.

As for Rob, well, we have a little more "manly" relationship, so I'll be helping him find his car.

John I don't know as well, so he's probably safe.

Seriously, thanks to all of you. :headbang:

I agree, this really shouldn't be thought of as ass-kissing.

I think I speak for everybody when I express my appreciation for all the hard work and personal sacrifice all the promoters of the fest (Rob, Chris, and John) have gone through to make this happen.

Just think of all the bands playing this year (or years past) that we never would have had yet the chance to see if not for the fest.

I hope in the end it all goes well (IE - profitable enough for the fest to continue)

Yeah, I hope this fest meets expectations. If not, it not only would be a huge loss for you guys, but also for the supporters of the festival. Anyone that misses out on the chance to see this lineup is beyond insane.

Thank you Chris, Rob, and John for all your efforts in putting this fest together. This will be my fourth Powerfest, and I hope to go to many Powerfests in the future.

Atheist and Martyr!!!!! :worship:

To me, the best part of festivals is discovering new bands.
If it were not for this festival, I would not have yet checked out Saturnus, who I am now completely psyched to see.

it's not like those guys put in any hard work to pull this off...

just kidding ;) This is my fifth Chicago Powerfest, and as long as they keep making 'em, I'll keep going to 'em. :)

I'll jump on the bandwagon and say "THANKS"!!!! I can't wait until tomorrow. The fest will be kick ass and I'm sure it will run smoothly as always...

Thanks Rob! Thanks Chris!... and somebody please introduce me to John (because I have no idea who he is), but Thanks!!! Everything you guys do is awesome!!!

I agree, this really shouldn't be thought of as ass-kissing.

I meant it in the most affectionate way possible :)

and somebody please introduce me to John (because I have no idea who he is),

Long hair, moustache, and is constantly juggling cigarettes and his cell phone. I don't think I've ever seen him without one or the other (or both!) in his hands. :)

Ken

Long hair, moustache, and is constantly juggling cigarettes and his cell phone. I don't think I've ever seen him without one or the other (or both!) in his hands. :)

Ken

My drummer has an ongoing joke where if you don't know somebody, he points into a metal crowd and says "You know that guy over there with long hair and the black T-shirt, you can't miss him... Right there!".. and points in the direction of about 300 people that meet that description.:lol:

And now that it is all said and done, I have to thank Chris, Rob, and John for all the hard work and effort that I am positive they put into this. It was definitely the best metal concert I have ever been to.