Official CD release date

Artizan

Dec 5, 2009
Melodic metal act Artizan has announced that April 29th will be the official release date for their first full length CD titled Curse of the Artizan. The release will be available worldwide via the German based label Pure Steel Records.

The track listing is as follows:

Trade the World
Rise
The Man in Black
Fire
Fading Story
Game within a Game
Torment
Curse of the Artizan

The title track Curse of the Artizan clocks in at close to ten minutes and will reveal the story of who exactly the ‘Artizan’ is. Fantasy artist Marc Sasso (Dio, Halford) is creating the artwork for the CD, which will feature the Artizan character and other elements which are integral to the storyline of Curse of the Artizan.

Artizan founder/drummer, Ty Tammeus, states, “Marc has outdone himself with this project. The characters he has created and the level of detail applied are beyond what I envisioned. I wanted to establish unique, identifiable characters relating to the Artizan concept that are captivating to the viewer. Marc has achieved that for us. The artwork is just plain badass!”

The final artwork will be revealed in the coming weeks.

Artizan has also announced that Ty Tammeus will be at this year's Keep it True Festival in Germany to promote the CD release. Ty will be at the Pure Steel Records merchandise booth. The festival is April 29th and 30th.

Samples of the new material can be heard here: facebook.com/artizanmetal

We are overwhelmed by the massive response we have had on facebook. I just want to say thanks to those of you that have 'liked' the Artizan facebook page thus far. We are over 20,000 as of today, and I am just grateful that people actually like the music. Now, we look forward to playing some live shows :D

http://www.facebook.com/artizanmetal

If anyone is interested, I will be interviewed tomorrow- Sunday, March 20th- on the Abbey Metal Show which is broadcast from Luxembourg. The shows host, Martin Martial, will be playing three Artizan tracks and interviewing me in-between the songs. I think we will actually start right at 4PM eastern, but the shows starts at 2PM eastern. I expect to explain some of the concept behind the albums ten minute title track 'Curse of the Artizan', and announce our new rhythm/lead guitarist.

The new CD artwork which was created by fantasy artist Marc Sasso (Dio,Halford) will be unveiled Monday morning.

If you want to listen in to tomorrows radio interview, here is the link: http://www.heavymetal.lu/

Visit Artizan on facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/artizanmetal

Artizan, I'm assuming you're Ty. I believe I met you at ProgPower a few years ago. Briefly. You gave me your card. I was like "Who the fuck is this guy?" Didn't think I would like your stuff, so I just kind of put your band name on the back burner. I see you post often about your stuff...and the attitude I had was "No one cares about your shitty band." Seriously.

But I realized that I was being a dick. You're working your motherfucking ass off to get your band name's out there. And I've taken a complete 180 from that original view of your band...for a couple of reasons. I realized that all of the money and time you've put into making sure your website is pro, you've got Facebook covered, and you're out on the street (well the ProgPower street) promoting your band is exactly analogous to the DIY stuff that the old school bands did, just with a completely modern twist. Also, I listened to your music on the website, and it's fucking killer. Really well written, well-produced stuff. It had me hooked from the first song.

So despite you not knowing about my original thoughts on your band, know that I'm sorry for those thoughts. Also know that you have made me into a fan, and I know eagerly await the release of your album. Hope to see you around at ProgPower, I'll shake your hand and get you to sign the CD booklet.

Additionally, I know that I probably never needed to tell you what I originally thought of Artizan, but I thought you'd appreciate the honesty, and it would illustrate just how impressed I am.

Wow. I am sorry I do not know exactly who you are. And, I really appreciate the feedback. I always enjoy hearing how people perceive our music... feedback like yours really helps to justify what we are doing. I will be at ProgPower USA again this year and look forward to meeting you...again.

Artizan on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/artizanmetal