Official King Diamond DVD is on the way! (finally)

Dec 3, 2004
Arizona, USA
www.ryanseek.com
The following is a quote from the latest King Diamond press release, "contracts between King Diamond and MERCYFUL FATE, and Metal Blade Records and Massacre Records have been agreed upon and are almost ready to be signed for a double DVD of King Diamond and a double DVD of Mercyful Fate, consisting of mainly never before seen private recordings in very high quality (King Diamond 1986-1990; Mercyful Fate 1982-1984). If all goes well, the King Diamond DVD set might hit the stores before the end of this year and the Mercyful Fate DVD set would probably hit the stores early next year."

Woo hoo! :headbang: :Smokin:

If you want to read the whole press release, I found it at http://www.revelationz.net

Yeah, I've been waiting for this, especially the Mercyful Fate one - too bad it's not the first one slated for release. Still, it'll be cool when it comes out. MF's first three albums are so great that they practically equal a whole career for other bands, in my opinion. By first three I mean the "Corpse without Soul," album, and then the obvious other two. The later stuff is fine, but few albums (by any metal band) come close to those ones, especially Oath and Mellissa, of course.

Listening to Stained Class recently, it really dawned on me that those albums are almost exactly in that vein. Those records almost couldn't, "happen," now...it was about production, and of course, a more old-school style approach to solos, arrangements, and so on. Plus, the satan stuff was still kinda spooky back then. There have been few records that have sent the chills down my spine (in greatness, and eerieness) that those do/did. The only truly modern example I can think of right now is Monotheist. That record is spooky, dark, heavy, and just plain evil - in a good way.

Anyway, long live the King and all that...

I hope so. I have interviewed King twice and this has has been in progress... Though with his down time maybe he's made this a priority?

I would have to say that his current health issues were at least a factor in these DVDs being bumped up in priority. He had a lot of extra time to focus on the negotiations to get these released and it sounds like they'll be hitting the stores in a timely fashion.