Oh Sleeper - When I am God

Andreas Magnusson produced / mix. I always bug him online with a bunch of questions, nice guy..
He did the new album "Son of the Morning" as well, which I think is superior in all ways. From what I remember, guitar wise I think he said the old record was an Uberschall and the new one is a 6505. He reamps a lot, and mixes ITB with occasional outboard on the mix bus.

Damn awesome info. The tone on WIAG is soooo cutting.

Don't get me wrong, I love SOTM as well and Oh Sleeper in general, def a huge influence on how I write. But damn, I know nothing about Uberschalls. Time to research. lol

Definitely Bogner. I asked their bassist about it cuz I love that guitar sound as well but I think it just fits their style perfectly. Not sure it would sound that great with other bands.

I love the snares on both of those records. He uses his own samples too.
Agreed the snare on SOTM is a little loud but I love how deep and relentless it is...

I have a little iPod dock I listen to when I shower and the speaker is pretty tiny, but when the snare hits, it is literally all you can here. lol. Its pretty funny. I guess the speaker accentuates that certain frequency.