oh, x-mas is next week?

christmas is like, okay because i get to see my neice who isnt even one finally maybe crawl a little bit and sit up on her own while i stick christmas bows on her head. also, i get freddy a stocking every year and he actually pushes his way into it and drags his presents out and gets excited and shakes his head around and stuff.
also, i never buy presents (i was telling goatschool this) unless i want to. i dont begrudgingly go shopping and get all miffed. like, i buy shit for people i like and am excited about getting them stuff and excited to give it to them. christmas gives me a good excuse for showering my parents with clothes and weird shit they never allow themselves to buy (ie, a 'make your own volcano' kit for my dad and a velvet running suit for my mom).

plus i drive all the crazy old black and italian relatives to midnight mass and they're all insane 80 somethings.

I tell everyone to not buy me anything b/c I don't want to give presents and feel obligated. only exceptions are for my immediate family. the whole thing sucks.

also, like a little more than 1/2 my friends from childhood were raised as jehovah's witnesses. so christmas means they all come to my parents' house as a big thwarting of the witness lifestyle and of the bible and talk about presents and not god and openly sing carolls and shit and denounce the fact that the world is gonna end. so yea, it rules.

anne.frank.jpg