Ohtar.

Mort Divine

Shrine Maiden of the In-Crowd
Oct 28, 2005
Fargo, ND
I suggest you guys check out Ohtar - Woodland Desolation. This band is fucking amazing. Great Polish NSBM.

I had heard their 1st demo, The Empire of White Power, and was actually amazed, that I could listen through the really fucking raw and dissonant production, and hear how great the music was.

If you want to hear just how "rawly" produced The Empire Of White Power is:

http://www.geocities.com/seth_4510_hel/oht

But in all seriousness, check out their demo Wolfschanze, their EP Deep Woods, their Woodland Desolation fulllength, and their When I Cut The Throat full length.

Also stay aware for their 2006 release, Petrified Breath of Hope.

Yes, Woodland Desolation is a great release. I can't wait to hear their new album though, Petrified Breath of Hope.

Malignance said:
Petrified Breath Of Hope is already out. Redstream.org is carrying it.

And yes, and excellent, underrated band.

>_> Is it now? *clicks over to Redstream*

Ex-cally-boo said:
I suggest you guys check out Ohtar - Woodland Desolation. This band is fucking amazing. Great Polish NSBM.

I had heard their 1st demo, The Empire of White Power, and was actually amazed, that I could listen through the really fucking raw and dissonant production, and hear how great the music was.

But in all seriousness, check out their demo Wolfschanze, their EP Deep Woods, their Woodland Desolation fulllength, and their When I Cut The Throat full length.

THE METAL PADDY THINKS DEM IS VERY VERY GOOD:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Yet you like Xasthur. That's one thing I'll never get (note: I've never heard Ohtar before).

I can see why you'd think Xasthur is boring, but I personally love The Funeral of Being and Subliminal Genocide. :headbang:

I'm not familiar with this Subliminal Genocide you speak of.

Edit: okay, apparently it's an upcoming release.

Ex-cally-boo said:

There was also the split with Dark Fury that came out in 2005. That one didn't get a lot of hype, so some people missed it.

I realise that this was 16bps, but it sounded shit to me.

Not flaming, but I didn't see what was so amazing *shrugs*