ok...bash away

jex

Dec 14, 2007
First time posting a song here. It is not complete by any means, but I've been playing with my new toys and I just had to post something.

Also my first time EVER attempting vocals. I don't know how you singers do it. I felt dumb and I was home alone:lol:

Anyways, it sounds pretty good through my speakers, but I'm sure it has some problems. As of now, my "control room" is not treated and my speakers are in a horrible position (in a corner with a wall about 1.5 meters behind me).

Test Mix

Drums are just samples I've collected from the FTP. I programmed with battery 3.

2 tracks of guitars using amplitube metal.

Bass recorded direct from line out of amp.

Interface is an Edirol m16dx. Just got a mackie onyx 1640 with the firewire card, so I'll be selling the edirol soon if anyone is interested....$150 shipped (in USA that is).

Anyways, like I said, I realize its going to need some work, so please feel free to comment, criticize, or suggest improvements.

Also, I need a nice myspace layout....any pointers? I suck at graphic design stuff.

ONE MORE THING....I've had a really tough time coming up with a name for my home studio. I settled on Visceral Sounds. I hope that it isn't taken already. If this name is already taken PLEASE LET ME KNOW because I'll need to start brainstorming once again :cry:

thats all for now

thanks for the link.

I just registered with soundclick...just waiting for it to be approved.

i dig alll the music for sure!!! its awesome. the mix is good i think, but needs to be a bit louder and clearer. song kicks ass!
I would LOOOOVE a chance to mix something like this. any chance you'd upload the wavs?

i dig alll the music for sure!!! its awesome. the mix is good i think, but needs to be a bit louder and clearer. song kicks ass!

I would LOOOOVE a chance to mix something like this. any chance you'd upload the wavs?

Glad you like the song. I guess I could upload the wavs, but I'd rather re-record the guitars because those were just scratch tracks that were recorded before the drum tracks (and with no click track.)

Also, where can I upload them?

I would ask for one thing though....when you mix it, I'd like to hear it and see what you did during mixing. I'm still learning and I think it would help me out a lot.