Ok I have no way to qualify this at all but...

I just sold my Mac G4 and Nuendo 2 to a friend.

I helped him get a session started with Addictive Drums so he can start programming the drums for his Alternative /Pop EP.

What a pain in the ass. There is so much shit going on with Nuendo 2 that I didn't even remember being so complicated to get from point A to B. It more like Point A to D in Nuendo.

Granted I havent used it for a year or more, but I am so much happier with Pro Tools HD.

I was scared when I first started using HD since I was used to Nuendo, but yes, it is much easier and I also work faster.

Im sure you will love it. Especially with all the plugin options you just gained!!!

I just sold my Mac G4 and Nuendo 2 to a friend.

I helped him get a session started with Addictive Drums so he can start programming the drums for his Alternative /Pop EP.

What a pain in the ass. There is so much shit going on with Nuendo 2 that I didn't even remember being so complicated to get from point A to B. It more like Point A to D in Nuendo.

Granted I havent used it for a year or more, but I am so much happier with Pro Tools HD.

I was scared when I first started using HD since I was used to Nuendo, but yes, it is much easier and I also work faster.

Im sure you will love it. Especially with all the plugin options you just gained!!!

Oh yes Ive been spending far to much money on plugin this last week or so!!

And the way I have Cubase set up for me allows me to say the exact opposite. Hell, even with default settings Cubase has always been easier for me to use than when I used ProTools or Digital Performer (which is very reminiscent of PT). Different strokes....

~006

+1.

Cubendo is like Photoshop, easy and logical. Pro Tools and DP, kinda like Gimp.

+1.

Cubendo is like Photoshop, easy and logical. Pro Tools and DP, kinda like Gimp.
006 said nothing of the sort.. he expressed an opinion and based it on what he was used to.... you are making a statement, as if fact... and it reeks of the ass you're talking it out of.

sorry, calls 'em likes i sees 'em, and your comparison is to p-shop is baseless, unqualified and unquantifiable... just utter non-sense.

opinions are great... and facts are up for debate... at least when it comes to trying to quantify what's "easier to use", when it comes to software of any kind, because it's largely based on what one is used to, personal working style, and how one frames "problems", cognitively... but you may find that if you keep laying out "facts" like that last one and you'll soon find yourself in the "dismiss" category around here.

so... clearly you are used to Cubase, and have little-to-no experience, hands-on, with PT HD. lovely. now how about contribute a solid fact to the discussion.... please. we'd all like to hear what specifically you mean. lay out some expamples of exactly what is more "photoshop-like" in Cubase.

seriously... do tell.

I have no experience with Pro Tools but isn't there supposed to be a universal format (OMF) you can use instead of bouncing files?

OMF has been around a while, and sux nutz pretty much... doesn't transfer MIDI, or Markers, or Tempo Maps.. nothing... best way to roll for transfers is to just consolidate back to zero, bounce your files, and export your MIDI.

LOL I dont have a clue with Cubase of Photoshop to be honest but Pro Tools seems to really suit me..

The best thing I can do with photoshop is get frustrated!!

Have you ever tried Gimp ? A few years ago i tried to never come back. I opened the damn app and was like o_Oo_O Pro Tool is still workable for me, but Digital Performer...

Have you ever tried Gimp ? A few years ago i tried to never come back. I opened the damn app and was like o_Oo_O Pro Tool is still workable for me, but Digital Performer...

Nope not tried it but to be honest I dont really have that much need for it either.. In the rare instances I need something to do with graphics doing weve got a really good graphics guy at work.

Why learn new skills when you can delegate eh?