Olórin - Peoria, IL March 24

Cool you got a band going.

Sorry, but after watching the vid I have to provide some constructive criticism.

I know this might sound trivial, but as a band, you have to look like you belong up there.
If I was in your band, came to that show, and saw that bass player in that outfit I would have refused to play.

Let's say I am the organizer of DAYS OF THE DOOMED, for example, and I was looking to fill a slot.
What if your band name got mentioned as a midwest band.
Would you seriously want him to see THAT video?

Not saying you have to have a gimmick, but even solid black jacket, shirt, jeans, etc would go a long way.

Your bass player looks like he left a PHISH concert.

Of course!
I am not trying to be a jerk.
Well, if you want to add value I would speak up.
Just saying doom is bigger than ever and there are more doom shows than ever, esp in the midwest.

I mean, you guys are not a professional band, so I would hardly say you are a hired gun.

As I said, I know it sounds trivial, but how you look up there is just as important as how you sound.
Someone watching that video would not say you guys are "in it to win it"

I dont know. Maybe you guys just want to play and have fun.
That's cool too, though I guess my philosophy is if you are going to spend the time, may as well try your best and see how far you can take it.

You want to play in front of that garage, or do you want to play at a doom festival, or at a Red Line Tap show, or opening for a doom band at Empty Bottle, Reggies, MoJoes, etc????

Think big man! I know you are a good player and have some good ideas musically.

Show em what you can do!!!!!!!!

Heck, you are the guitarist of HYPERCANE for crying out loud!!!!!!!!!!!

My only regret with our band, Lee, is that we never have played live (nor had the members to do so -- but that's a different subject). And that we don't live close enough to jam/practice guitar like we did circa high school and the early college years. This is definitely very cool.

I was actually going to try and make it to the show (sneak up there and not tell you about it), but it looks like we're going out of town Friday through Sunday this next weekend... Bullocks.

Hypercane... Hypercane... Holy crap, I remember that (vaguely). There was at least one song bouncing around in idea/guitar pro form at one time, wasn't there?

The songs on the Olorin demo are really good; and hopefully you guys have a good show.

You seriously look about 10 years younger without the beard.
I haven't seen you in person in a few years.
I seriously expected you to have extremely long hair by now. Ha!

Glad to hear that you all like what you've heard so far. In regards to our bassist's attire--that was a show we played for our "Going Away" party. It was balls to the walls hot out and we had family and crap watching. Metal is a "zero fucks given" genre of music, and what a person looks like on stage really shouldn't matter... to an extent. I do agree with what you are saying and shit though.

Hey man,
Glad you took the comments as constructive.
OF course the music is most important, but when making a first impression, look does matter.

It is indeed what separates bands who look like they are in it for the long haul from those who jammed with their friends for a month in the basement, and then started playing out, if you know what I mean.

Good score in getting Lee in the band. He is a good dude, and a great guitarist.