Old electric chair in woods MTV video

GregJ7

New Metal Member
Jan 25, 2023
Does anyone recall the name of the song or group that recorded a music video in which an electric chair is featured amidst some trees/forest? It was broadcast in the 80s, and was very likely released in the 80s on vinyl—but I don't remember much else about it. I have a vague, unreliable memory that:

I wonder as I wander ... realize ... was a part of the chorus.

Perhaps the group name started with a "W."

Wow, good find. It matches what I said, but it turns out not to be the one I'm thinking of. It makes me wonder how many videos are actually out there with a lot of green and an electric chair.

Amazing how common the electric chair theme was. Guns N' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle has a makeshift electric chair, but no forest since it's not about that kind of jungle.

Frank Zappa - You Are What You Is has Reagan in an electric chair and some green lighting & smoke that could maybe be misremembered as a misty forest, but probably not what you're looking for either.

They probably wouldn't have played Frank Zappa on Headbanger's Ball, which is possibly where I saw it. Now that you mention it, I remember the brief snapshots of Axl squirming in the electric chair. The opening scream for Welcome to the Jungle used to raise the hair on the back of my neck, but its replay value was low (for raising hairs). I bought that album as soon as I saw the video (which I saw before I heard the song on the radio).

Amazing how common the electric chair theme was. Guns N' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle has a makeshift electric chair, but no forest since it's not about that kind of jungle.

Frank Zappa - You Are What You Is has Reagan in an electric chair and some green lighting & smoke that could maybe be misremembered as a misty forest, but probably not what you're looking for either.

Starting with "Ride The Lightning" album cover.

Also Megadeth's video for 'No More Mr. Nice Guy'.

A bunch of the videos I found predated RTL, so maybe peaked there rather than started. There's also the Ozzy Osbourne - Bark at the Moon video which has some outdoor scenes, but the electric chair is indoors.

A bunch of the videos I found predated RTL, so maybe peaked there rather than started. There's also the Ozzy Osbourne - Bark at the Moon video which has some outdoor scenes, but the electric chair is indoors.

Starting was used as a way of saying, not as its meaning. Alice Cooper used electric chairs as prop live way before Ozzy knows how to spell his nickname :tickled: