Old School Headbanger.........

T_man357

Locked & Loaded
Jan 7, 2004
U.S.A.
web.archive.org
Dude,

I wanted to give you your own thread to let you know that the songs from
your Project 420 kick major ass!!! Very cool stuff!!!
You should definetly put more material out there...I'd like to hear it!

If I can ever get Hollowpoint back together it would be worth a trip to VA to do a little jamming with you!! Not to mention I could get arrested and get my very own donkey, another shotgun and $100.00!!!! Obviously beers would be on me!!

T_man357 said:
Dude,

I wanted to give you your own thread to let you know that the songs from
your Project 420 kick major ass!!! Very cool stuff!!!
You should definetly put more material out there...I'd like to hear it!

If I can ever get Hollowpoint back together it would be worth a trip to VA to do a little jamming with you!! Not to mention I could get arrested and get my very own donkey, another shotgun and $100.00!!!! Obviously beers would be on me!!

Nice.... ;) .

Thanks fellas..............I used to have a lot more but most is lost...........those were on some disks I happend to burn .........I have a couple that are in the works, as soon as I get them done Ill post them

Bad ass. What kind of vocals do you see using?

I would like to hear more too!
headbob.gif

Evil Dead said:
Bad ass. What kind of vocals do you see using?

I would like to hear more too!
headbob.gif
When I wrote most of that shit I was jamming with a vocalist who growled like Suffocation and could go from that to a king diamond Type thing ....he would mix it up and I have to say it was awesome..........He quit to go to school to do Horror movie make-up and I havent seen him since..........

I have 2 songs from a boom box recording of a band I started in 2002 as a"side project" with a few members with different bands in the area.......I will post them later on tonight...................

You know, Old School I was thinking about this last night. You, T-man and I and whoever else(Johnnie Czech) that thinks they got the skills to put together some music should do it...I think it would be pretty fun to put together a "band" with people that live nowhere close to each other and got know each other through this message board. I think if we were able to make some kick ass metal Billy would be pretty proud of us(actually since it's Billy he probably wouldn't give a rats ass:tickled: but none the less) and he would think this board was worth keeping open...I don't know just a thought I had last night. If you are interested just shoot me a private message with details on how to get you tape of me playing drums.

Of course this is all just heresay but it would be something new to debate for awhile.

If something like that was able to happen...I'd like to put dibs in for writing the lyrics & singing the songs...(And if we're unable to recruit a bass player then......)

MyHatredforYouRunsDeep said:
You know, Old School I was thinking about this last night. You, T-man and I and whoever else(Johnnie Czech) that thinks they got the skills to put together some music should do it...I think it would be pretty fun to put together a "band" with people that live nowhere close to each other and got know each other through this message board. I think if we were able to make some kick ass metal Billy would be pretty proud of us(actually since it's Billy he probably wouldn't give a rats ass:tickled: but none the less) and he would think this board was worth keeping open...I don't know just a thought I had last night. If you are interested just shoot me a private message with details on how to get you tape of me playing drums.

Yeah I just need some get some better recording equipment....Something to put on my XXX-Mas wish list....Of course T-Man you can write the lyrics and sing I wouldn't have it any other way....I just think it would be something to try at least. Of course this process would take some time but I have nothing but that. As far as a bass player(maybe some of your old bandmates, T-Man?) I don't know anyone here that has made the claim that they play bass that posts here....My brother plays bass but he lives in Wisconsin though so that would be another hurdle to try and overcome....This of course is something to kick around and if it doesn't work oh well it gives us something to talk about for awhile.

Then count me in!!!
I'll run with you guys in the interest of making good music!!

MyHatredforYouRunsDeep said:
Yeah I just need some get some better recording equipment....Something to put on my XXX-Mas wish list....Of course T-Man you can write the lyrics and sing I wouldn't have it any other way....I just think it would be something to try at least. Of course this process would take some time but I have nothing but that.

Ill tell you what, It is real hard to make music over the internet, I tried with a few guys back home in New York..........But im all for trying ..........

either that or we do 2 or more songs, a couple of questions for all of ya`ll though
1) What kind of music do you enjoy playing? Fast music, slow grind , complicated music , just give me an idea how how ya`ll play and what you want to do , I will get my riffs together and come up with an arrangment that we can start from ...........

2) what kind of software do you guys use,if any, and what kind of recording equipment do yall Have?.............

My answers

I have played in thrash bands, death metal bands as long as I have been playing, I played in a couple Classic rock bands where we took the songs and played them "Metal". I am more partial to mid tempos songs , but I still love the fast shit ( if you couldnt tell from my demo Hatred). I the only bands in this world I have ever sat down , studied and learned music from......SOD, Sabbath, Judas Preist, Slayer, Metallica, Anthrax, Death, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Exodus, Overkill, Six Feet Under, and a few others are all bands that have influenced my music................

My computer is kind of fucked at this point, but if we decide to do this is WILL get fixed ASAP......... As for software, I have a few.....Cakewalk guitar thracks, Cakewalk 9.0, and Cool Edit pro with the built in 4 track, I have the drum machine i told ya`ll about with all the samples to make it sound good , I also have a Johnson J-Station guitar amp simulator which is what I use for all my recording needs..........
I sugest that we all try to use the same programs to record shit with as we will be transfering files back and forth to each other and It would be nice to to have them all in the same format.............:Spin:

First off let me just say damn!!! I thought this was just going to be an interesting discussion and that's it.....But cool lets do this....

Influences:

Suicidal Tendencies, Van Halen (Old) , Slayer, Exodus, Pantera, Stuck Mojo,
Wargasm, Iron Maiden, Sabbath, Judas Priest, Motorhead, D.R.I., Bad Brains, Vio-lence, Ozzy, Infectious Grooves, BLS, Megadeth, Living Sacrifice, Extol
and if Im to be honest.....I think Phil Collins kicks ass too!! Plus MANY others..

If i'm not mistaken O/S, I think I threw you a copy of my demo....That's basically my singing style, I don't like my vocals to be inaudible (either by me growling or drowning in the mix) I'm not a big range guy, I mean no one's gonna mistake me for Robert Plant or anything, but I like the lyrics to be heard (Sorry if that sounds selfish....But i'm being honest) Of course I would be open to discussion and changes if need be.

As far as equip goes....Sorry man but I have a shit load of live sound stuff
(I.E. Mics, Stands, Cables. monster P.A., etc.....) but NO computer software for recording at all....I don't know if that's something we could work around
but let me know. As soon as we get all the cards on the table I'd be curious to know if you think this can be done, and just how serious we can be..

T

P.S. I didn't put SOD or MOD in my influences because it should be obvious that I like and would be influenced by both.

old school headbanger said:
either that or we do 2 or more songs, a couple of questions for all of ya`ll though
1) What kind of music do you enjoy playing? Fast music, slow grind , complicated music , just give me an idea how how ya`ll play and what you want to do , I will get my riffs together and come up with an arrangment that we can start from ...........

2) what kind of software do you guys use,if any, and what kind of recording equipment do yall Have?.............

My answers

I have played in thrash bands, death metal bands as long as I have been playing, I played in a couple Classic rock bands where we took the songs and played them "Metal". I am more partial to mid tempos songs , but I still love the fast shit ( if you couldnt tell from my demo Hatred). I the only bands in this world I have ever sat down , studied and learned music from......SOD, Sabbath, Judas Preist, Slayer, Metallica, Anthrax, Death, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Exodus, Overkill, Six Feet Under, and a few others are all bands that have influenced my music................

My computer is kind of fucked at this point, but if we decide to do this is WILL get fixed ASAP......... As for software, I have a few.....Cakewalk guitar thracks, Cakewalk 9.0, and Cool Edit pro with the built in 4 track, I have the drum machine i told ya`ll about with all the samples to make it sound good , I also have a Johnson J-Station guitar amp simulator which is what I use for all my recording needs..........
I sugest that we all try to use the same programs to record shit with as we will be transfering files back and forth to each other and It would be nice to to have them all in the same format.............:Spin:

just to help you guys out
but if you dont have a computer, just record your materials on tape or cd if possible and send it out to me, i can always put it down in pro tools, that is if you guys are down using me as an intermediate help.

Hey, I play bass, and sounds like a lot of fun to me. My main influences: Steve DiGiorgio, Tony Choy, Jaco Pastorius, Steve Harris. I can definetly play old school thrash/death, and I like it a lot.

1) I'll play just about anything, so long as it's metal and good. I can't stand shit that's boring. I'll play thrash, death metal, jazz/death like cynic, power metal, black metal (if I can keep up, I don't like using a pick) anything really. I like my parts to be heard and noticeable, though I don't like it that much when the guitars lack heaviness to that end. I don't like to "just play what the guitar is playing," I just find that really gay...that's about it right?

2) I don't have much live stuff at all, but I have 2 recording programs and am working on getting a good sound into my computer. @Tman I can probably send you cakewalk.

I play in a thrash/death metal band and in a classic rock band, when it comes to playing I´m open to almost everything (I also study playing latin grooves, used to play in a blues band).

To record a drum tracks can be kind of tough for me coz I need lots of shit to do it (some space, microphones...) but my brother has his PC recording studio (guess he uses Nuendo but I don´t understand it that much) so I can ask him to try to help me out.