O'Minion (for you old schoooolers)

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Hey guys/gals!

I finally got a little gadget that allows me to rip all my old cassettes (old school baby) and posted a quickie from my old 80s/early 90s band O'minion, thought some of you may get a kick out of it

I'm on vocals/lead guitar. I, like many other vocalists, was "forced" into the role when we couldn't find a singer! This is my equivalent of 'Kill Em All' Hetfield haha.

Feedback and smart remarks welcome!

http://metalages.com/ominion/O'Minion-One_Man.mp3

I'll post the rest when I get it all pulled together, always fun hearing relics (good or bad) hehe.

Hey guys/gals!

I finally got a little gadget that allows me to rip all my old cassettes (old school baby)

There's something inherently wrong in this universe when you find a way to rip cassettes into MP3s while I'm recording tapes from CDs :lol:

Now about O'Minion (Irish by any chance?), nice stuff, truly pure 80's metal. The vocals are very good, the material reminds me of Liege Lord, Witchkiller, Griffin, etc.
You probably don't have masters or anything, but have you ever considered releasing your music somehow?

In anycase thank you for sharing this with us :kickass:

@Psycho: that falsetto of yours must be something
shocked.gif

You guys are super hard core man, haha!

We only had a 4 song demo, and the master is God knows where. We recorded in once day, 11 hours straight which included set up, record, mix, master etc. - was very fast and super low budget.

I have a bunch of stuff recorded here and there but nothing was ever "fine tooth combed" so to speak. I hope to sit down and properly record all the tunes as I get a recording set up to do it here at home.

Here's one of the last tunes we were starting to demo (unfinished, , very raw, 2nd solo never recorded - I think this was 1993 or 1994?) - this was going to be a fav for sure! I have some cool screams in this one: http://metalages.com/ominion/O'Minion-Reflections.mp3

As far as the band name, not Irish! Minion definition is "slave like follower" - I added the O' to the beginning because it sounded cool, like saying "O' Slave like follower".

And what the heck, I may as well round out the listening with this track. This was all done in my bedroom in 1991-ish on a 4-track (written in the 80s) if I recall? I played everything on this one (drum machine, but still enjoyable), and outside of a couple people I don't think anyone has ever heard this, for the Old Schoolers only!

Called Reunion From Beyond (one of my favorite solos that I've done): http://metalages.com/ominion/O'Minion-Reunion_From_Beyond.mp3

I've been doing that since the mid 1990s.:saint:

The accusation rest after showing all the evidence :heh:

As far as the band name, not Irish! Minion definition is "slave like follower" - I added the O' to the beginning because it sounded cool, like saying "O' Slave like follower".

I know what a minion is, I thought it was too weird the O' (so I thought it was kind of an Irish joke) before but now it makes sense.

P.S. Sorry, after listening to all songs, 'Reflections' is my favorite.