Omnium Gatherum

eppst1

Mar 18, 2002
Ohio
www.eppst1.com
I'm not sure if anyone else is a fan of this band, but they just released a video for a song from their upcoming CD "New World Shadows".

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42qbzF_ektM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

:headbang::headbang:

I always thought this band was a CoB clone like so many others, but they're a bit closer to the Edge Of Sanity side of things from what I remember from Redshift. Cool band, but awful video.

Never thought of the EoS reference, but I agree they don't sound like CoB. To me, the song almost has an Insomnium feel to it.

That's exactly what I was thinking at around the 90-second mark. 'Course, I knew about Omnium Gatherum loong before I heard Insomnium, and really enjoy all of what I've heard from the latter, too. :kickass:

That's exactly what I was thinking at around the 90-second mark. 'Course, I knew about Omnium Gatherum loong before I heard Insomnium, and really enjoy all of what I've heard from the latter, too. :kickass:

Ditto - bit Insomnium has been discussed here before and I thought maybe it would give a base for people who never heard OG before, but have heard Insomnium.

Funny, I was just checking out this band the other day and really liked what I heard. I was reading on the Insomnium website, who I'm a big fan of, that they are friends with OG and that's when I decided to check 'em out. I would definitely say there are similarities to Insomnium, which is a good thing imo!

Thanks for the video, Redshift was an enjoyable album and I'm looking forward to hearing how they progress. As for the Insomnium talk, anyone that enjoys them should also check out the band Be'lakor. I won't jack this thread with a video, but go look up the track Sun's Delusion on youtube.

Hmm, I guess I'm a bit out of the loop. I checked metal-archives.com and found that I am two CDs behind on Omnium Gatherum...soon to be three, with New World Shadows scheduled for 2011. :erk:

Personally I think that their debut "Spirits and August Light" (2003) is an essential release to own. I don't get the COB or other deathy references to be honest...I think they have a very unique approach with some really cool progressive moments. The production is top notch and to this day this release by Omnium Gatherum gets regular spins.

Personally I think that their debut "Spirits and August Light" (2003) is an essential release to own.

Totally agreed. This past weekend's radio broadcast was a "best of 2010" compilation from me, but (if I remember :) ) I'll play something from Spirits and August Light next week on WREKage. Great release and I haven't played them enough lately.