On-Stage Stands SMS6000-fit KRK 6's?

joelplagues

Jan 11, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
www.myspace.com
Hey guys I'm about to put in an order to sweetwater for a few Items as a christmas present to myself.

On the list is a set of monitor stands but I really don't want to pay to much for them so I'm looking at the On-Stage Stands-SMS6000.

Just wondering does anyone have any experience with them and should I be afraid that my monitors (krk g2 rp6's) are slightly larger than the platform of the stands-length ways(Front to back).

Stand platform-24cm's fron to back.
Krk's-27cms front to back.

Note: I will also have these on a set of fonic acoustics pads. (Australian mopadds-adding another 3-4 cms length)

I think if I centre the weight it should be fine. I'm really just looking for opinions. I'm probably being way to padentic anyway.

They look pretty identical to my Samson stands. Not high-quality stands by any means, but at least they're dirt cheap. I can't really recommend them, though, as they aren't very sturdy at all. You'll probably get better results going the DIY route if you can!

EDIT: Not exactly identical, after all, but really similar. Here are the ones my HS80's rest on: http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1833

They look pretty identical to my Samson stands. Not high-quality stands by any means, but at least they're dirt cheap. I can't really recommend them, though, as they aren't very sturdy at all. You'll probably get better results going the DIY route if you can!

Thanks Jarkko. anyone else? I'd just love to get these off my desk so I can buy a 2nd monitor to sit alongside the one I have.

EDIT: Not exactly identical, after all, but really similar. Here are the ones my HS80's rest on: http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1833

Hey Jarkko quick question

If I have done my research correctly the stands you have, have only 16.5cm length on the plates but your hs80's are what 39cms in length? :zombie:

I guess I shouldn't be too afraid of close to 10cm overhang then? as the stands I'm looking at have a larger plate than yours and my monitors are smaller.

I still understand they're cheap and wont be the best quality but after struggling as a student all year and now graduating my Diploma in Audio Engineering, having bands through the door and doing live sound work, I finally have some cash and silly as it may sound I wanna spend a little on some neccesary upgrades that will make my job easier.

Oh yeah, sorry I missed that! Yeah, the plates are way smaller than the HS80's, but it's not a problem at all. Just make sure you place the monitors so their weight is centered on the plate, and just to be sure, take the monitors off and see if the plate's nut needs to be tightened every couple of months. I think most high quality stands have rather small top plates, too, so I wouldn't worry about it :)