on the dawn of the release date

Feb 7, 2006
this question is mostly focused toward the band for an answer but if anyone wants to say how you would be feeling go right ahead. question being since we are on the dawn of the release date for TGCD how do you feel about it. nervous, scared, horny? i can't imagine what its like to release an album all over the world. everyone wants to, few do. lucky bastards.

I guess I won't feel like anything special, because the most reviews and stuff are already published. Well, perhaps a bit nervous, because the comments of fans and other listeners are about to come...
But I think I wont feel much special about it,
But I'm planning to find out myself someday:saint:

I wouldn't think you'd get nearly as nervous over releasing an album, especially when you're relatively established already, as you would be performing a concert, especially if it's new songs or somewhere new. Just my guess tho

Hell, I'm nervous. Haven't read any interviews or looked any reviews until now and won't do so before I've heard the album for at least ten times. But what I've noticed, everyone who has heard the album says a different favorite song from it. That makes the waiting even more difficult.

Cerulean said:
I'm not nervous, but I'm a bit afraid that the local metal shop here won't have it tomorrow
I used to call ahead of time (a couple weeks in advance) and make sure they'd be stocking an album on the day of release. I was shocked how many times I was told they hadn't thought to order the new CDs in, but that they would after hearing there was a demand for it. Worked every time.

I feel great about the release as I love meet something new in my life. I've read lots of interesting reviews about the new songs so I'm eager to get the album (unfortunately, because of the place I live in, it won't be soon...)
I could afford myself to buy the dvd today :) The nice feelings returned to me from the Moscow gig. Nostalgia...

Already released in Denmark and some other countries as well....album sounds great..better than Viva if you ask me

This is one of the few albums that I actually forced myself to have the patience to wait for the release date. So far, all I've heard is "My Twin," voiceovers included. But I really can't believe the release date is already here. When the sample of "My Twin" was released, I think we still had another 3 or 4 months until 3/14. It definitely went by fast.

Without much surprise, I walked out of the local Newbury Comics tonight with no new Katatonia album in my hands. After checking the new releases section and finding nothing, I asked the kid who was working there. He came back to me and said that he couldn't even find the album in his computer, saying that maybe the release date got pushed back. On the way home, I realized that he may have typed in Katatonia with a "C" instead of a "K." But either way, they didn't have the album there. Can someone please tell me when the U.S. release date is. I've heard all along that it was today and yet the album wasn't there. Fuckin' pisses me off.