On which guitar would you spend your money?

Bringer of Blood said:
Hi

I'm not sure on which guitar I should spent my money. There are two possibilities.
on the one hand Jackson model RR3

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/gear.php?partno=RR3_Rhoads

and on the other hand this ESP model

http://www.musamaailma.fi/bandikamat/tuotteet/136/155/159/khv_mmv_04.phtml

what do you think?
Thank you for your help.

Bye Jan

Dude, buy the RR3, i have that same model and it rocks, the neck is fabulous, the bridge rocks and the guitar is very light, you won´t get back-aches, so now you know... fuck esp´s haha.
Jacksons :worship:

What's substandard about ESP LTD?

I have a 4-year-old M-100 that I've played the hell out of and it's still holding together great.

Go ahead and bash ESP LTDs all you want but if their other models are as well-crafted as my low-end, entry-level guitar...then LTDs are reliable guitars.

It's all who you ask. I've heard shitloads of horror stories about lower end Jacksons.

I'm not a Jackson hater either. My next guitar is going to be a Jackson USA KV-2. God I can't wait to get that.

i agree with that, most people bash my bronze warlock till the hear me play it, then again its got about 600 in upgrades in it as it is!

alphacorvus said:
And that was my point............

I was agreeing...

And dude, the neck on my old NJ is so fucking thin, but not too thin, its wierd...

I love jackson RR Necks but the BC rich bodies and to a point, construction is FAR better.

well thats cuz you have the bottom of the bottomest line jackson. you think they pay any attention to detail when they build those things out of literally 50-100 dollars worth of material?

Dude, i refuse to pay jackson 1600for a guitar with features i can get at BC rich for half that price.

Dude, okay, lets go to bottom of the line BC rich and botom of the line Jackson

X series VS Bronze Series.

even then, the BCR construction is way better and more solid.

I've bashed the fuck out of a bronze and only scratched it whereas the rhoads get muchos dings.

and to be honest, i think an Rx10D is the best jackson you can get dude. No pickguard, unfinished neck, single volume? thats all i want bro.

People Rag unbound rosewood boards on bolt on necks? Whats the problem? Good enough for vai/satch/malmsteen/petrucci etc.

But anyway, BC Rich NJ's are my Real loves :D

rr1 would be better than an rx10d in terms of construction and quality, but if you're talking about value, rx10d or rr3 is a great deal, i haven't played a rx10d, but i have played an rr3, and it's wonderful.

silver bevels, chrome bezel, emg81, emg pa2, 24fret neck...make room for the 24fret neck, fill in the neck pup hole, fill in the toggle switch hole, redrill it for the pa2, and maybe a original FR.....will be about $800 total

I don't have a problem with Esp's but I would go with the Jackson. It sucks that the Rhoades models only have 22 frets, which is what has prevented me from getting one yet. But I have 2 24 fret jacksons (dk-2 and sl-3 soloists) So my next guitar will probably be a Rhoades model. I'll probably go with and RX10D and replace the pick-ups. I just don't like the looks of the metal plates that are on the front of the other RR models.

i bet if think about it while you play, most of you never touch the 23rd and 24th frets. I barely do on my kelly and charvel fusion. definately not worth all the money you would put in trying to get a 24 fret rhoads

hi

do you know where I may get the SV Standard from ESP for a lower price and not for 1930€ or so? I can't find any model on ebay maybe you know where to buy.

Thanks

pallarandersvisa said:
i bet if think about it while you play, most of you never touch the 23rd and 24th frets. I barely do on my kelly and charvel fusion. definately not worth all the money you would put in trying to get a 24 fret rhoads

That may be true, but 22 and 24 fret necks feel different. And it's nice to have those 2 extra frets when you need them.

Jackson kelly necks are the best for me, that's what im using on my rhoads. I've never played on a guitar with a better neck.. i like it even better than "actual" rhoads necks.

Buy the RR3 one!
The ESP has same pickups! ...
So you have to buy the jackson... you have more benifits with it...
There is a tremolo-bridge so you can do tremolo with your wrist without using the stupid 'hanging' tremolo...

>> see my guitar:
jackson.jpg