One thing on C2 that is definitely better than C1 is...

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
... the heavy usage of Mike Wead's leads. Part 1, while an amazing record in its own way, lacked real solos. Mike Wead, on the other hand, lays down some really amazing leads, bluesy, heavy, and traditional speed solos that simply take the album to another level. The few shred parts sound terrific. I love it, and am glad that C2 has its own characteristics that set it apart from part 1.

I think Wead is great, except that his style is so obvious (me being a Kind Diamond and Hexenhaus fan). It was kinda like listening to a famous guest star and he sometimes sounds a little too bluesy for edge of sanity. But overall I liked his contributions.

Mezarkabul said:
... the heavy usage of Mike Wead's leads. Part 1, while an amazing record in its own way, lacked real solos. Mike Wead, on the other hand, lays down some really amazing leads, bluesy, heavy, and traditional speed solos that simply take the album to another level. The few shred parts sound terrific. I love it, and am glad that C2 has its own characteristics that set it apart from part 1.
Nothing against you telling us your opinion. :) But please I don´t understand why you have to open a topic to each single thought these days. It would help all of us to have basically one thread for discussing Crimson 2, also it is easier to read, because all thoughts of different people are gathered there instead of spread to many topics which all deal only with one aspect of the whole masterpiece ;)