One-track albums with a looooong running time

Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick
Jethro Tull - A Passion Play
Green Carnation - Light of Day, Day of Darkness

Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence's second disc if you count that.

EOS - crimson
fates warning - a pleasant shade of gray
evereve - seasons
devil doll - everything from the official discography

Actually, I think it's really fucking stupid when a band does that. I have Pain of Salvation's Perfect Element and get really pissed off when I'm trying to listen to it and something happens where I have to stop the CD and can't get back to the spot I was at without fast forwarding for like 10 minutes. They really should break up the tracks. It's not like the whole CD sounds the same, it's still different themes at certain time points. Pain in the ass.

PeeWee1473 said:
Actually, I think it's really fucking stupid when a band does that. I have Pain of Salvation's Perfect Element and get really pissed off when I'm trying to listen to it and something happens where I have to stop the CD and can't get back to the spot I was at without fast forwarding for like 10 minutes. They really should break up the tracks. It's not like the whole CD sounds the same, it's still different themes at certain time points. Pain in the ass.

erm, why not just pause the song rather than stop it? sorry but this seems really obvious..

opethpainter said:
EOS - crimson
fates warning - a pleasant shade of gray
evereve - seasons
devil doll - everything from the official discography

Waiting also for my Green Carnation Album !!!! :headbang:

:guh: I have Evereve Seasons but its not one track only am sure, maybe some tracks are together... but I have to check out again, but its not 1 track for sure

PeeWee1473 said:

Sorry,but it sounds a lot more like you're complaining about the concept since the album isn't only one song...
If you have to stop the cd you can just skip to the track you were listening to,obviously you have to do that with ANY cd. And besides,The Perfect Element is the only song that is even over 10 minutes long,and even that one with only 9 seconds. Kind of hard to fast forward 10 minutes. Quit complaining and go listen to the fucking cd. Also you should check your cd player's manual and look up how to use the pause button.

Thick as a Brick from Jethro Tull. The best 70's prog album ever. Just my opinion, don't shoot me!

There's also that Explorer's Club CD that's available through Magna Carta. Age of Impact I believe it's called? The lineup is a veritable who's who of the prog rock scene. Dream Theater, Fates warning, Royal Hunt, Magellan, Yes, etc... all contribute to that album. It's AWESOME and I suggest you give it a listen.