Opeth at Milwaukee Metal Fest

Bleak Eyes

Irrelevant
Jun 16, 2003
Maryland
Visit site
For those who have seen this video, could you please do the honor of telling me the set list for their performance? I plan on getting it sometime soon and I was just wondering what songs were played. How good is the performance as well? From what little I've heard, they didn't even have their own instruments to perform with, they had to borrow equipment to play the set.

they played Moonlapse Vertigo on this set :eek:
!!!
i love that song, and that may have been the only time they played it
didn't they have problems getting it to sound right?

well, it being their first performance in the US (am i correct on this?)...it was fuckin awesome. i know they had to use borrowed equipment. before moonlapse (or another still life song), mikael said something about how a lot of people might not know the next song because they were having distro problems with the cd. i can't really remember too much else, since it was like 3 years ago. oh yeah, it was fuckin awesome.

i only had moonlapse, white cluster, demon, nectar once downloaded in mp3 file once from this show, the songs are okay live but the quality when i got em was pretty shitty so taht might add to it. Other then that the audience sounded nuts even durin sound check and mikael sounded shocked

Moonlapse on this was okay, when i saw em do it during sound check in May it sounded way better then the file

Yes, it was their first performance in the US and they had all sorts of problems. No one knew who they were so they had trouble getting back stage with the rest of the bands. They used ALL borrowed equipment and didn't have everything that they needed. But from what I have heard, it was a solid performance and received more fans at their stage at the time surpassing King Crimson and another popular Metal band. So cheers to the band.

I was there, and it was their first ever performance in the U.S. I've heard bootlegs of that performance and they all sound worse than I remember, but that's usually how it goes with bootlegs anyway. I met them the day after they played in the smokeroom at that venue. They sat at our table and rolled a joint!