Opeth down under

Almost fell off my chair when i read "Auckland, New Zealnd". Sucks for me that it's not till the end of April, because i'm ment to be moving overseas in March, so i'm seriously contemplating delaying my travel plans so as to be in attendence.
It's going to be so fuckin amazing.

Defenitly wont be throwing stuff at them, that is unles Brett Lee is filling in for Lopez?

When do you think tickets will go on sale? Aussies how long before the last shows did tickets start selling?

usually about 2 months i think..

i can't beleive the sydney gig is at luna park, the big top there holds 5000 people!!
cant imagine opeth selling it out, they got 1800 at the enmore last time.

Seriously though, I know ALOT of people here in Auckland that are really happy about this. Last time, me and my mate had to go to Sydney to catch them (like we had to do with Children of Bodom as well) There is a serious lack of metal in NZ and I'm glad Opeth are making the effort to come here.

Benighted1 said:
There is a serious lack of metal in NZ.

While there is a lack of metal in the North Island (I'm assuming international acts here) it's extinct in the South Island.
But awesome for NZ that Opeth are coming over.

My friend is in a metal band from Invercargill and they are pretty good, one of the few good metal bands around here. Him and the lead guitarist can actually play which makes a change for around here.

Yay Melbourne, hope to see you (who want to see me) there at both shows.

i am one VVVVVERY happy camper today! fantastic news!

how does the big top rate as a venue?? i've never been there...

i'm also looking at venturing down to melbourne to get an extra 2 shows.

melbournians - how does the forum rate as a venue? and which company usually sells tix for the forum? ticketek? tmaster?

Fucking best news I've heard in a long time. And it's the day before my birthday- so after the concert, I'll be having a night of drinking. Can't wait.