Opeth in Guitar World magazine.

BLEAK

New Metal Member
Aug 28, 2001
Seattle, WA.
Visit site
I hope everybody saw the Opeth article and poster in the August issue. I emailed a letter to the editor regarding the inclusion of Opeth in their magazine. They printed it on page 26 of their latest October issue. Other Opeth fans responded favorably too. Go buy the magazine, it has that lame band Nirvana on the cover.

I was pretty shocked when they Reviewed Blackwater Park , then to see them in the august Issue was unbelievable , I think everybody on this board should e-mail all the metal/guitar magazines they know about and tell them about Opeth , I meen if Opeth ever hit the front page og Guitar World then at least Slip Knot or Korn won't be there .

I love it that they made it, but am a bit confused... BLEAK you say that Nirvana is on the cover??? On my issue its got Slipknot on the cover, is it the same thing just different covers or what? :confused:

Originally posted by Morningrise
I love it that they made it, but am a bit confused... BLEAK you say that Nirvana is on the cover??? On my issue its got Slipknot on the cover, is it the same thing just different covers or what? :confused:
I think BLEAK means that the August issue (with Slipknot on the cover) has the poster and that the one with Nirvana on the cover has the Opeth fans responding in the Letters to the Editor section.

There is nothing wrong with Nirvana IMO and on the new Slipknot there are actually some bad ass songs, they do Blasts. I may be the only one that has givin them a chance on this Forum but they are some pretty cool Metal heads if youve ever read their interviews. Im not really a Huge fan though just thought id show them some respect after they got bad comments...hee hee
later,
Jay

Hey leadfoot, I agree with you about Slipknot. I am not really a fan of their music but I find it cool that they are trying to incorporate some death metal elements! But I disrespect them more then I respect them, for many reasons. One being that they got everyone hyped up about the new album being "death metal". I was a bit excited until I heard a couple songs on the radio and was soooo dissapointed, they sounded more "nu-metal" than their other stuff!! Just kind of pissed me off, but I will have to check out more of it.