Opeth Listening Party

Dangerman

Existential Parasite
Feb 12, 2002
Brighton, UK
www.biomechanical.co.uk
Hey!

I was at the Sonata Arctica UM board the other day and I saw that one of the guys there broadcast a Sonata Arctica listening show online and had online chat at the same time with other Ultimate Metal users around the world.

What a brilliant idea!

Maybe someone could do the same with Opeth! I know it sounds like fun but give it a go anyway :)

ehh with a band like Opeth, where the music is personal to me and many others here, I dont think a listening party would be any fun, Opeth is not the type of band where you can have a listening party to.

Originally posted by Thorns of Sorrow
ehh with a band like Opeth, where the music is personal to me and many others here, I dont think a listening party would be any fun, Opeth is not the type of band where you can have a listening party to.

Hmm, actually just a week or two ago me and my fellow opethians held an evening full of Opeth. Well, maybe a third of the time. It´s not a bad thing to do if all are into it. I find rather nice when you can share one´s opinions on particular moments "in your face", you know. I´m not really into that kind of barbeque parties anyway....

i have a greater idea: let's meet all us opethfans in a place and listen to ALL the opeth stuff we know. that's what i would call the "opeth listening party"

Well, I can listen to them nearly anywhere. What Mikael said is true too but it´s really cool to listen to Opeth with some other people that also appriciate them.

that would be in violation of what mikael says, opeth is best for the ones who sit alone in their room.

You all REALLY need to get a life. I'll listen to whatever music WHENEVER I GOD DAMN WANT TO!!

then what was this:

that would be in violation of what mikael says, opeth is best for the ones who sit alone in their room.

*stands back while punisher GETS THE HELL BACK IN HIS BOX*

:D

Ah, i'm just mucking round dude :)

Originally posted by Trapped
then what was this:

*stands back while punisher GETS THE HELL BACK IN HIS BOX*

:D

Ah, i'm just mucking round dude :)

i meant that when i'm alone in my room listening to opeth, that's when i enjoy it the most. i have listened to opeth in the company of others (men) before... ;)

Well, the listening party worked out real well at the Sonata Arctica forum. As it was hosted in the UK I had a lot of UK fans come round to my house to party but simultaneously broadcast the event live over the internet for all the other SA fans around the world.

Give it a go :)

dangerman made a good job with the SA listening party, but there are two problems:

1) the difference between listening to music from a cd or broadcasted online is huge.

2) it's very difficult to type while i listen to opeth; i hardly can think of where the keyboard is. the world just disappear.