Opeth Live Album?

clayman666

Master Apprentice
Jun 3, 2002
Indiana, U.S.
Visit site
I was wondering if the band has ever said anything about doing a live album. I've never heard Opeth live so i dont know how well it would work out.

What are your thoughts about this?

I know i would buy it.

It's from a bootleg of a show in The Netherlands. That's just the name of the show or something.

I've managed to find a few bootlegs but of course the quality of the recordings aren't that great (Opeth playing live sound REALLY good though). Since I'm in Australia and probably won't get a chance to see them live in the near future (although I've heard they may come here next year) I'm all for them putting out a properly recorded live album or even DVD :)

dvd would be awesome as you can put so much, including live show on where there was awesome OPETh fan participation.

cd would be impossible unless they edited all in between song bantar and I just can't see an opeth live cd.

just my 2 cents.

of course I'd buy anything they release, but a DVD with some videos from the recording sessions or some live videos would be really great...

opeths albums have a feel to them.

i think playing songs randomly from different cd's loses alot of the effect. and

plus the quality would be most likely below par which would give first time listeners to Opeth a negative impression.

plus a live album is mearly a re-hash of their old stuff. i want more new opeth material, not the same old thing shuved back in my face.

Live albums have always seemed as if they are for bands who have run outta ideas and need to put something out to satisfy their fans.

it can delay the release of quality new material which is what most people want