Opeth midi

well there might be a program that can convert mp3 to midi. and i want a voice removal plugin for winamp. i'll try to convert them to midi, see what happen.

Mainly to for educational purposes...Such as learning how to play their songs, and figuring out a method by which they write them.

Yeah, the second program is better.
The results though are, um, how should I put it, not the best. I think converting any type of music from an MP3/WAV file to MIDI will produce poor results, let alone music as complex as Opeth's.

Listen to the attatched MIDI of Benighted in horror and you'll hear what I mean (rename the file from .txt to .mid). Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but anyway, this was interesting to muck around with. I think. :lol: ;)

Attachments

• benighted.txt
    13.3 KB · Views: 65
wow that sound nothing like the mp3 version, i wanna try but after reformatting my computer i lost all my opeth mp3. doh!

Mp3 or any other format of sound file can not be converted to MIDI, for MIDI files somebody has to input all of the values after they figure out how to play the song thats probably why benighted is so bad.

AttleseyC > They can be converted, but it
sounds like crap =)

But really simple songs can be successfully
converted...a slow synth-song with only one
main melody shouldn't sound too bad =)

if anybody happens to be still watching this thread...i've sequenced a couple in my spare time..."in my time of need" from damnation and "to bid you farewell" from morningrise are finished.

i also did these because i was learning to play the songs and then decided just to go ahead and make the full song. lemme know if you download them and what you think!

and whether there's anyone else out there who does this kind of crap, or if i'm alone in my insanity. :loco: