Opeth Tickets online New York

Yonder

Jun 22, 2003
Munich, Germany
music.yonder.de
Hi all,

1. Can anyone recommend a website to buy tickets for Opeth's gig in Irving Plaza , New York, NY - Fri, Feb 27, 2004 8:00pm?

2. I've tried ticketmaster.com and learned they charge 6,95 USD "convenience charge". What is that supposed to be?

3. As I don't live in the US, I have to use this option:

International Will Call (For International Orders Only - Tickets held at Will Call can only be retrieved by the cardholder with original credit card of purchase and a valid photo ID with signature such as a government issued ID, driver s license or passport.)

What does "Will Call" mean?

TIA
Yonder

Yonder said:
Hi all,

1. Can anyone recommend a website to buy tickets for Opeth's gig in Irving Plaza , New York, NY - Fri, Feb 27, 2004 8:00pm?

2. I've tried ticketmaster.com and learned they charge 6,95 USD "convenience charge". What is that supposed to be?

3. As I don't live in the US, I have to use this option:

International Will Call (For International Orders Only - Tickets held at Will Call can only be retrieved by the cardholder with original credit card of purchase and a valid photo ID with signature such as a government issued ID, driver s license or passport.)

What does "Will Call" mean?

TIA
Yonder
"will call" means that you will pick them up in person at the window, instead of them being sent through mail. "convenience charge" is the evil practice of overpricing tickets and getting away with it due to the ticketmaster's monopolistic nature.

seeing as it's irving plaza and not a smaller local venue, there's not much choice but to go through ticketmaster and suffer their raping fees...i mean, convenience charges. and yeah, as was said before, will call means to pick up the tickets when you get to the venue.

I'm going to that concert.

As for the tickets, I actually contemplated on getting the ticket shipped, but then found out my local CDW had a ticketmaster booth. So I avoided the additional $15.

I try to go the venue whenever I can. I paid $18 even for tickets from the bartender at Canes. Last summer, Ticketmaster charged me $31.50 for a $17.00 Opeth/Porcupine Tree ticket!