Opeth US tour

gotham

May 1, 2001
Maine
www.geocities.com
all those going to the Opeth tour next month, be sure to check out Tapping the Vein, they are playing first. Female fronted hard rock, a little like "How to measure..." era Gathering. Very good stuff, actually. I've already ordered the album.

Opeth, Irving Plaza, Sunday, January 19, 2003: amazing!

By the way, this is the first time in my memory that a European metal band is headlining Irving Plaza. The rare Euro band that made it to NY usually goes to L'Amours, way out in Brooklyn, like Opeth did in 2001. It makes it all the better that Opeth have broken through and are now headlining Irving Plaza. As a matter of fact, when I saw Porcupine Tree at Irving last month, Peter Lindgren was in the house. Steve Wilson announced this from the stage.

I think this tour is going to suck. They're playing in Jaxx on a Tuesday. There are two things wrong with that. It's a terrible club and a school night as well. Hopefully the summer tour will be better... this one is just so damn short.

ahh man Tapping the Vein is playing? erm I really dont like them at all...O wellz. Yeh I have ranted on how much I hate Lamours many many times here, and I praised the heavens when I heard they were playing Irving.

Originally posted by EyeAm
I think this tour is going to suck. They're playing in Jaxx on a Tuesday. There are two things wrong with that. It's a terrible club and a school night as well. Hopefully the summer tour will be better... this one is just so damn short.

oh boo-hoo, a school night. so dont go. and jaxx is a decent place-they do get all the good metal tours and i seem to remember Blind Guardian being there TWICE in one weekend.

Originally posted by EyeAm
Oh shut up, I've been to a ton of shows on school nights and work nights, I'm sure most others have as well.

Come on guys, give EyeAm a break...just as I suspected, he/she's young...probably got rules against goin' out on school nights;) . Hell knows I was once that age *shudders*.

I do go to a lot of shows during the week...it does kind of suck cuz I usually gotta fight to leave work early and then I am a zombie the next day...usually it's worth it though:) . In a perfect world all concerts would be on the weekends:p

Those fuckers aren't coming anywhere near the Southeast!?!?!? Bah!

They'll play 4 fucking shows up around the Northeast, and a bunch out west.... but what about Dallas, Miami, Atlanta, and Seattle?

I remember seeing them at the Masquerade in Atlanta with Nevermore and Angel Dust (GOD angel dust was horrible!)...... that show was just incredible.

Anyone know when Porcupine Tree will be playing a widespread US tour? They've never come to Atlanta. Ever. I've checked their tour archives. It pisses me off. I wanna see those guys!