Opeth Wiki?

dwoakee

Suboptimization Expert
Mar 31, 2006
NRW, Germany
I was wondering if there exists a wiki solely concerned with Opeth. I googled the net and searched this forum, but I can't find one.

lmao, I think you people need to read his post again. Either that or look up what a wiki is.

In response to the OP: no, I don't know of any.

But that would be very pointless, since we all can use Wikipedia, and create articles there if needed.

I don't think that it would be pointless. I think that wikipedia need not contain every possible information. It would get overcrowded with special interest stuff. I think for a rock band, movie series, actor, author etc with a certain amount of available output and a big enough fan base it is better to have a special wiki that can keep tons of information on that particular topic without bothering the general audience, servers and bandwidth of wikipedia. An Opeth (or any other band's) wiki could contain:

• of course first of all band members and history
  • complete(!) list of releases plus bootlegs for the collector
  • complete list of tourdates, plus concert setlists
  • links or transcriptions of magazine articles and interviews
  • complete list of merchandize
  • lyrics of songs
  • reviews to songs/albums/concerts
  • detailed equipment lists/discussions
  • loads of images
  • sales figures
  • list of cover and tribute bands
  • lots of links to other online resources

(of course all this would have to happen with respect to copyrights)

Would you really want to put all this into wikipedia for each and every rock band?

I seem to recall there being a topic in wikipedia where it actually says that there is another wiki devoted specifically to the subject and one should seek and post more detailed information there. But I can't find that page anymore :(

Other examples of such wikis are www.memory-alpha.org on Star Trek, and wiki.lspace.org on Terry Pratchett.