Opeth - Winner of the Swedish Radio Awards

bicetea

New Metal Member
Jan 25, 2003
Visit site
Congratulations Opeth!
Opeth has just won the Swedish Radio P3 Awards for best Rock / Metal!

The nominees where:

Hammerfall - Crimson Thunder
Hellacopters - By The Grace Of God
In Flames - Reroute To Remain
Opeth - Deliverance
Totalt Jävla Mörker - Det Ofrivilliga Lidandets Maskineri

The motivation, freely translated from swedish.

"We didnt know that a bag filled with old sell off vinyls could result in infernal, intelligent metal.
Deliverance is pitch black, implacable and inaccessible but on the same time beautiful, tempting and progressive.
Simply a silver shimmering masterpiece for those who like elegant and brutally magnificent metal. "

And in swedish:

Juryns motivering:

"Inte visste vi att konsumkassar fyllda med gammal rea-vinyl kan leda till infernaliskt intelligent metal från helvetets egen CD- press. Deliverance är becksvart, obönhörlig och otillgänglig men samtidigt vacker, lockande och framåtskridande. Kort sagt: ett silverskimrande musikaliskt höst- stilleben för den som tycker om det tungt eleganta och brutalt storslagna."

Congratulations once again, Opeth!

Originally posted by Katatonic289
i hate living in australia when all the awards go to people like kylie ugly whore minogue.

Even for Best Metal?

Anyways... I think The Hellacopters should have won this award.

Its not a grammy award, however, Opeth has been nominated for that award too!

The nominees for the Swedish grammy is:

In Flames - Reroute To Remain, Opeth - Deliverance, Pathos - Katharsis, The Hellacopters - By The Grace Of God and Mustach - Above All.

The grammy awards will take place on 18th February

At least it's not as bad as the US. Avril Lavigne is up for five (five) Grammys this year. I hope she wins best female pop performance. That would piss her off.

Wow ... this was a great surprise ...
Don´t think the chances are that big for them to take a "Grammis" tho ...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Katatonic289
i hate living in australia when all the awards go to people like kylie ugly whore minogue.

LOL... so true. There is like pop rock awads but bands like silver chair get it.

Inte visste vi att konsumkassar fyllda med gammal rea-vinyl kan leda till infernaliskt intelligent metal från helvetets egen CD- press. Deliverance är becksvart, obönhörlig och otillgänglig men samtidigt vacker, lockande och framåtskridande. Kort sagt: ett silverskimrande musikaliskt höst- stilleben för den som tycker om det tungt eleganta och brutalt storslagna

that description is kinda cool!