Opeth won the biggest music prize in Sweden today!!

I just got a message from a guy in the jury that they won, apparently I was too late to break the news. Good job guys. i wonder what they said in the acceptance speech.

More importantly, did anyone tape this, and would that anyone care to convert it to digital format and share it with the rest of the clan here? :D

Because Opeth is in France now on the european tour they couldnt attend to recieve the prize but they sent an sms ;-) and gave their thanks. So not so much to tape acually...

That's great. I was sad last year when they lost to something stupid.

I wish the US grammys weren't so gay. Until they give votes to people from many other labels, it'll remain a big joke.

Okay here's the deal. Opeth wins the metal/rock award of Grammis this year, in competition with In Flames, Hellacopters, Mustasch and.. ummm.. well. :)

The thing is, the show is for the first time (in a long time at least) not broadcast on television at all, due to some new shit about the new regulations for the awards. The new regulations that were taken into consideration earlier in 2002 said that commercial success was now to be considered when chosing who will win the different Grammis awards. More commercial success means higher probability of winning. Due to this fact, a lot of people, organisations, media etc withdrew from the awards, as commercial stuff here in Sweden is not liked very much at all here. So the event went uncovered from tv (who cares, Opeth wasn't there anyway). Other music awards were because of this given bigger authority this year, one of these is the P3 Guld (Gold) award, but as you know Opeth won that one too :)

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Greenwater_Pond
That's incredible that they won. At the U.S. Grammy's, Akerfeldt's speech should be: "You want to know why we won? We play real music." Then he should just walk off the stage. Greatest speech ever:D
Who is the wueen of metal ?