Opeth's Melbourne Gig 27th

Vehemens

The Wayfarer
Mar 18, 2003
New Zealand
www.myspace.com
Hey

Well...what can I say? :OMG: That was simply a fucking awesome gig. First time I saw Opeth live and I can tell ya now it's not gonna be the last! It was a wicked set list, though if they'd thrown in In My Time Of Need as well it would have been superb. Loved the whole "Satan! Belial! Azmodaeus! Abadon! DELIVERANCE!!" dialogue Mikael did hehehe ;). Funny stuff, one of the highlights of the gig haha. And when they came on for the encore and he just shouted "Demon of the fucking Fall!" it went nuts.

Opeth! :worship:!

Guess this is a typical 'fanboy-ish' post but that's too bad. The gig was insane and I had a blast and that's all there is to it!

Thats deffinately not going to be the last time i see them either! I hope they come back to Australia. I am going to Sweden at the end of 2005, Hope theres some gigs happening at that time.

Long time off but i am just so pyhsced up to see them live again.

jaykeegan said:
Thats deffinately not going to be the last time i see them either! I hope the come back to Australia. I am going to Sweden at the end of 2005, Hope theres some gigs happening at that time.

Long time off but i am just so pyhsced up to see them live again.

Nice! You should organise your trip so you go at the same time as a big metal festival...there's bound to be some.

Vehemens said:
Nice! You should organise your trip so you go at the same time as a big metal festival...there's bound to be some.

Yeah, Deffinately. I'll be in Gothenburg & I hear that it has its own Metal Festival now so that would be convenient if they were playing there at the time but i wouldnt care where abouts in Sweden they were playing, I'd fork out my money to travel to see them!

jaykeegan said:
Yeah, Deffinately. I'll be in Gothenburg & I hear that it has its own Metal Festival now so that would be convenient if they were playing there at the time but i wouldnt care where abouts in Sweden they were playing, I'd fork out my money to travel to see them!

Heh well I forked out the money to go to Melbourne (from New Zealand) specially to see 'em! Well worth it too :D! And if it was possible at the time I'd do it again next time they play there! After all Mikael said how much he liked playing in Australia I'm sure there'll be more gigs there. ...Wish they'd just come to New Zealand though!

Vehemens said:
Annual Swedish Metal Fest (10-12/06/04) South Central Sweden

It's in Solvesborg. One assumes it's in the same venue and approximately the same time every year... I'll be trying to make it to this year's though. You should try for next years.

Spike said:
Annual Swedish Metal Fest (10-12/06/04) South Central Sweden

It's in Solvesborg. One assumes it's in the same venue and approximately the same time every year... I'll be trying to make it to this year's though. You should try for next years.

I'll probably be able to make it to 2006's Annual Swedish Metal Fest.

Does anyone know if it's still possible to get any shirts with the Australian tour dates on the back? I think it had Damnation on the front but I could be mistaken. Also did the band do any signing or anything after the show? I left quite soon after they finished with Demon so I dunno...it would suck if they did since I wanted to get a cd signed ;)

NP: Opeth - Nectar

Yeah, the Opeth concert was one of the best concerts I have ever been to, I will hopefully be going to Denmark this year , so i'll try and see them in Sweden. Did they do the "does anyone know what a 4/4 beat is?" when they were at your concerts. I thought that was fucking great.

Vehemens said:
Does anyone know if it's still possible to get any shirts with the Australian tour dates on the back? I think it had Damnation on the front but I could be mistaken.

NP: Opeth - Nectar

At the Sydney gig they had Deliverance & Damnation shirts with the Australian Tour dates on the back. If anywhere online is going to be selling them i'd say it would be The Music for Nations website. But thats if theres any left.

i went on friday. they played in my time of need. brilliant! did you get faces of melinda? fuck that was good. nah, it wont b the last time i c em either. 2 years they should b back i heard. actually after the underage gig my friend met up with the band outside the corner hotel. i got tickets signed, so awsome. and how good was thier stage presence? for anyone who went on friday...."BULLSHIT" (that was so funny!)

deadlord said:
i went on friday. they played in my time of need. brilliant! did you get faces of melinda? fuck that was good. nah, it wont b the last time i c em either. 2 years they should b back i heard. actually after the underage gig my friend met up with the band outside the corner hotel. i got tickets signed, so awsome. and how good was thier stage presence? for anyone who went on friday...."BULLSHIT" (that was so funny!)

No, Sydney didn't get Face Of Melinda but we got April Ethereal :headbang: 2 years hey? hhmm, i'll most likely be in Sweden. But i'd fly down to catch them!

God i cant wait for the new Opeth album to be released! i'm real keen to hear some new material.

jaykeegan said:
No, Sydney didn't get Face Of Melinda but we got April Ethereal :headbang: 2 years hey? hhmm, i'll most likely be in Sweden. But i'd fly down to catch them!

God i cant wait for the new Opeth album to be released! i'm real keen to hear some new material.
I´m not.

Some bastage hacked my account last night. :bah: But asides from that, I´m actually not keen to hear new Opeth material... at least not if that means they have to release something NOW. Mike said he´d sit down and take his time with this upcomming album, and that is exactly what I´m hoping he´ll do. Sitting down and writing a few riffs a couple of weeks before entering the studio and making the rest up as he goes along has been detrimental to his music in the last 3 albums IHMO.

According to Mikael I'd heard it was going to be a bit more 'black metal-ish'. I've also read a rumour (probably nothing more than that though) that it'd be three 20 minute songs. That would be kinda cool but I highly doubt that somehow!

Guess we'll just have to wait and see won't we! ...And when they tour it they'd better come to Australia again. New Zealand would be even better but as if that's ever going to happen...

Vehemens said:
I've also read a rumour (probably nothing more than that though) that it'd be three 20 minute songs. That would be kinda cool
I would really, really hate that.

Vehemens said:
According to Mikael I'd heard it was going to be a bit more 'black metal-ish'. I've also read a rumour (probably nothing more than that though) that it'd be three 20 minute songs. That would be kinda cool but I highly doubt that somehow!

Guess we'll just have to wait and see won't we! ...And when they tour it they'd better come to Australia again. New Zealand would be even better but as if that's ever going to happen...

The three 20 minute songs idea is interesting but pretty strange. But i really like the sound of this more ''Black Metal-ish'' style they want to approach. that sounds really cool. Nice & evil :headbang: