Opinions about Ibanez RGR321EX

evobyte

Metal ist krieg
Sep 20, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Hi,

I don't want to bother with a tremolo system because I change tuning a lot to play different songs, so I am looking at this fixed-bridge Ibanez RGR321EX.

Is this a good guitar? I watched some Youtube demos and I think it sounds great, plus I already own a lower-end RG guitar, this is like an upgrade. But I'm curious if any of you have an expert opinion.

Thanks.

Did bodom use this? Did Alexi use a similar Ibanez.... Nope?!? Then COB Off-Topic!

Oh ok. I apologize for putting this in the wrong section.
Actually, "Laiho first used an Ibanez RG 220B (maple fingerboard) along with a jackson custom shop (bought from a member of the finnish band STONE, which Latval was part of) to record the first Children of Bodom record"
From Wikipedia.

I guess it's a somewhat relevant question then haha.

He didn't use the RG220B none of the versions have the same pickup confuguration nor maple neck. He used the Rg550 which is by far superior to the Ibanez you mentioned, It just cant be compared. Rather search for old RGs or prestige/gilbert/satriani models.

As seen in the Gear Thread:

First post correction: Alexi Laiho didn't use a Ibanez 220 B for Something Wild. The Ibanez 220B doesn't have a maple fretboard and it doesn't come with a single-coiled middle pickup. Furthermore the Ibanez 220b doesn't have a pickguard either.

The only guitar Ibanez guitar who features all these specs and have 24 frets, and made before 1997 is the Ibanez 550. So there you go!

Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdMoTKicGiw