opinions please TSE X40 with Lecto(for note) and PodFarm cabs

Kick is indeed way too loud and too clicky, snare is a tad loud as well at times. Guitars sound honky and thin. Everything in the mix sounds separated, especially the drums.

thank you for the critique. I am working on getting better guitar tone. Ill repost, please listen again and let me know if I made a good change!

Kick sounds a lot better now, still not too fond of that snare, could use some more sustain. Guitars aren't much better, they sound cloudy and a bit undergained, perhaps try some different impulses.

When I tried the x40 I didn't like it with a tubescreamer in front, it just got way too honky and shrill so I tried using it without one and activated the gain switch instead, instant killer rhythm tone. If you use the 5150 tonestack I suggest you dial it in pretty much like you would dial in a real 5150 (except gain probably has to be over 12 o'clock without some sort of boost, I had gain at 1 with EMG pickups), I haven't tried the mesa voicing yet but it might be worth a shot as well if you prefer that kind of sound.

I didn't even know there was an X40! I need to get back up to speed around here... New mix sounds pretty decent for using a sim to me.

cool thanks. any advice on getting the guitars less cloudy? I am using my Hi z input on my interface so I dont have the best DI's. im thinking thats part of the problem. Ill try it without the screamer too. thanks again