Opinions, please.

Mooman

New Metal Member
Jan 23, 2004
moomanuk.netfirms.com
Hi there.

I've been writing music for a few years now, but only in the past year and half have I made any attempt at metal. Anyway, unfortunately for me I don't have a handy band-in-the-pocket or a ludicrously accurate synth set, so I've come to rely on MIDI format to write in. I'm not a guitarist either, I'm a drummer (I know what you're thinking, just bare with me please :) ) so I haven't been able to get anything recorded ether.

Anyway, I'd very much appreciate it if you could peruse my site that I knocked up in Notepad and have a listen to some of my songs and read the god-awful lyrics. I'll welcome any comments, although I've pretty much heard all the 'd00d MIDIs r sux' argument. ;)

Herein lie-eth the link.

http://moomanuk.netfirms.com/MIDI/MIDIs.html

Thanks.

Midi sucks DooD !!

Actually I do like your first song "world Domination" quite a bit. I can't listen to midi for a long period of time as well...... see above but you have some very good ideas.

Bryant

I just checked out "World Domination" as well, and that sounded quite cool, even though it was midi :)
Keep it up mate!

Thanks. :)

I'd love to get these into better quality, and maybe throw some vocals over it, but it's just not possible at the moment, so I make do with what I can.

Mooman said:
Thanks. :)

I'd love to get these into better quality, and maybe throw some vocals over it, but it's just not possible at the moment, so I make do with what I can.
there not bad, cant really tell much from the midi quality (midi sounds a bit like a retro games console) i think you should get some friends together and record the songs properly, because its very easy to make a song on a computer, like on power tab or something, which isn't very rewarding, but playing it properly, would make the world a difference....

now get out there and start playing/recording them properly :loco:

Working on it as we speak. :p

Unfortunately my history with bands is not a good one. But I think there's something brewing now that could really do something, so we'll see.

I've also been instructed by my friend on IRC to ask you to listen to Take 'Em Down. To be honest I wouldn't be too put out if you did it either. ;)