Orchestra Concert Tomorrow Night!

Steph Harris

Maidens' Bass
If you like classical music , you may want to check out a South Coast Symphony concert tomorrow night (11/14) at Coast Hills Church, 5 Pursuit, Aliso Viejo, CA.
Here's the program: Serenade in G Major K.525 (Eine Kleine Nachtmusik)/Mozart, Flute Concerto No.2 in D Major K.314/ Mozart, Voi Che Sapete and Deh vieni, non tardar (from The Marriage of Figaro)/ Mozart, Come scoglio immoto resta (Cosi Fan Tutte)/ Mozart, Symphony No. 35 Haffner K.385/ Mozart, and The Fountains of Rome/ Respighi.
Concert starts at 7pm. I'll be in the bass section. Please check out www.southcoastsymphony.org for more info. Hope to see some of you there. :)

If you like classical music , you may want to check out a South Coast Symphony concert tomorrow night (11/14) at Coast Hills Church, 5 Pursuit, Aliso Viejo, CA.
Here's the program: Serenade in G Major K.525 (Eine Kleine Nachtmusik)/Mozart, Flute Concerto No.2 in D Major K.314/ Mozart, Voi Che Sapete and Deh vieni, non tardar (from The Marriage of Figaro)/ Mozart, Come scoglio immoto resta (Cosi Fan Tutte)/ Mozart, Symphony No. 35 Haffner K.385/ Mozart, and The Fountains of Rome/ Respighi.
Concert starts at 7pm. I'll be in the bass section. Please check out www.southcoastsymphony.org for more info. Hope to see some of you there. :)

Wanda i Double dog dair you to bust out the Trooper
Samething Mozart Harris Harris Mozart
If Mozart was Sitll around he would be in a Matel Band

I won't be able to attend that, but I will be attending the Trans-Siberian Orchestra on December 6th in Seattle at Key Arena.

Wanda i Double dog dair you to bust out the Trooper
Samething Mozart Harris Harris Mozart
If Mozart was Sitll around he would be in a Matel Band

They "busted out" the Haffner Symphony no 35. Wanda at intermission came out and told me that it is a really hard piece and in fact she said when bassists audition for orchestras that is a common piece they have to play.

I can honestly say after seeing Wanda play many Maidens shows this was the only time I have seen her strain.

Her brother and I both noticed that before the 4th movement began both her and the other bassist leaned into their basses like sprinters getting ready for a race. :lol:

And off they went up and down the necks of their basses. :yow: :worship: :headbang:

The venue has great sound and I don't know whether I was hearing the actual acoustics of the bass section being up close or the mics via the PA but the bass tone was fabulous. I love the deep sound of a bowed upright over any other bass sound.

Wanda's bass is beautiful with a deep dark finish to it and the times she was playing alone it has great tone as well.

Jim

They "busted out" the Haffner Symphony no 35. Wanda at intermission came out and told me that it is a really hard piece and in fact she said when bassists audition for orchestras that is a common piece they have to play.

I can honestly say after seeing Wanda play many Maidens shows this was the only time I have seen her strain.

Her brother and I both noticed that before the 4th movement began both her and the other bassist leaned into their basses like sprinters getting ready for a race. :lol:

And off they went up and down the necks of their basses. :yow: :worship: :headbang:

The venue has great sound and I don't know whether I was hearing the actual acoustics of the bass section being up close or the mics via the PA but the bass tone was fabulous. I love the deep sound of a bowed upright over any other bass sound.

Wanda's bass is beautiful with a deep dark finish to it and the times she was playing alone it has great tone as well.

Jim
Ya That peace has a lot going on with its two octave leaps dum-dum-da-dum-dum rhythm, and racing scales.
much like a maiden tune

It is hard too see Wanda behind the bass but here is the only shot that wasn't blurry. Can't use a flash during a symphony so hard to get a shot.

Like I said notice the beautiful rich dark color of her bass as compared to the very light one to her right and the very worn one behind her. I'm a bass geek what can I say. :loco:
She and Fred the bassist behind her both leaned in like runners in the blocks before the 4th movement. :worship:

Jim

Symphony.jpg

It is hard too see Wanda behind the bass but here is the only shot that wasn't blurry. Can't use a flash during a symphony so hard to get a shot.

Like I said notice the beautiful rich dark color of her bass as compared to the very light one to her right and the very worn one behind her. I'm a bass geek what can I say. :loco:
She and Fred the bassist behind her both leaned in like runners in the blocks before the 4th movement. :worship:

Jim

Symphony.jpg

I see the bass but where is Wanda

Wanda can you put on a red & white shirt so i can find Wando
AND Wando next time you are playing can you post it a few days before the show i was thinking it was Wednesday since you posted it saying it was Tomorrow Night! but it was posted after midnight so it should have said tonight or today
O`Well next time

I see the bass but where is Wanda

Wanda can you put on a red & white shirt so i can find Wando
AND Wando next time you are playing can you post it a few days before the show i was thinking it was Wednesday since you posted it saying it was Tomorrow Night! but it was posted after midnight so it should have said tonight or today
O`Well next time

i found Wando

WandoonBassSymphony.jpg

Sorry jim i goffed your photo

new start of my fan page *SPOILER*
http://digitalblot.com/theruemorgue.html

IMFC Meet up *SPOILER*
http://digitalblot.com/Maiden1fan.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Iron Maiden are not only the best visual high energy Original, Loud but Talented, Good-Looking,
Tasteful, Heart-Breaking, Hard-Hitting, Bloodsucking, Mind-Blowing, Hard Rock Band in London! We`re also very nice Blokes,
kind to our Fans and our Families, Hostile to other bands, but above all we`re Brilliant, Ace Superstars and We`re
Honest And :
We`re BACK!!!
SO FANS, RECORD COMPANIES, A&R MEN, AGENTS, PROMOTERS, FINANCIERS AND YOUNG LADIES,
WATCH THIS SPACE FOR DETALS !!!

Wanda may be a small individual but she plays the shit out of a bass be it electric or upright. She has made me rethink many aspects of technique.

Her abilities are respected by several instructors who I know and have shared video clips with. She is an inspiration to any student of small stature that with dedication and hard work they can excel on the bass.

She is quite modest and probably blushing reading this.

Jim

Went to Key Arena wednesday night and saw the Trans-Siberian Orchestra with a friend and her mother. We all agreed that it was an awesome show!

There was even a treat for everyone in the crowd who was into hard rock/metal music....Geoff Tate of Queensryche showed up and sang "Silent Lucidity". That was pretty cool itself.

The music was awesome, the light show was awesome, and just being FAR away from Yakima was wayyyyyy AWESOME! So, if anyone gets a chance to go and see a Trans-Siberian Orchestra show, go and do it. You won't be disappointed.