Orchestral Groove metal

andychaos

Apr 24, 2006
I know you expect this to be crap, because 99% of unsigned bands are... they really are

or maybe you expect to like it and have it ruined by lyrics about slaying dragons?

nope

www.myspace.com/xerath

Please reply to this thread to let others know if its worth checking out, its VERY difficult to promote something decent since most things arent!

It wasn't bad, but it was unoriginal. If it is your band try putting a spin on the sound, like merge another genre into it.

Hey there,

I think it's pretty kewl stuff you've got going on there! Seriously

Though it is missing the vocals, it's pretty tight.

I added you to my friends btw,

are the violins synth's or real stuff?

btw, you're supposed to post this stuff in the band recording's thread

Hey dude

they are real samples if that makes sense, so i have east-west orchestra.. its every note of every orchestral instrument recorded for real..

its very useful :)

thanks for your comments! we have some new stuff up

I will admit I am pretty anal about music, but you guys have a real good sound there! I like the metal/classical combo, but I can't stand Dream Theatre, so this is a nice find. How can a brotha get some mp3's??

Some very interesting bits. Some really lame bits though. But yeh.. I love the orchestrated bits and the production is undeniably brilliant. I love the 2nd song - Intrenity.. It's like Meshuggah covering a filmscore.

Did you produce for a band called Unhallowed Appolyn? I seem to remember your studio myspace on their top friends list.