organized religion can scare me sometimes

Baliset

guitar deity
Jul 31, 2002
New England
www.maudlinofthewell.com
Madonna's precarious relationship with the Vatican is under scrutiny again following their concern over her support of the controversial Kabbalah faith. While the "Papa Don't Preach" star, 45, is a staunch supporter of the mystical offshoot of Judaism - Catholic leaders are holding a summit to discuss any fad religions they feel may pose a 'threat' to Christianity including the Kabbalah, according to American gossip site The Scoop. Cult expert Rick Ross says, "In the past, the Pope has criticized Madonna for the contents of her concerts. Now, ironically, it's become a theological issue." The Vatican is holding a special summit with Catholic leaders from around the world with the aim to negotiate a deal with so-called 'New Age' religions and fads that pose a 'threat' to Christianity.

040622po.jpg

Baliset said:
The Vatican is holding a special summit with Catholic leaders from around the world with the aim to negotiate a deal with so-called 'New Age' religions and fads that pose a 'threat' to Christianity.

A 'deal'? What the hell kind of deal can two religions possibly make with each other? The idea of trying to negotiate a compromise betwixt Catholicism and Qabbalism makes the Middle East peace process sound like a doddle! This is the mystic tradition that heavily influenced Aleister Crowley's Thelemite doctrine, after all.

Yeah, fad religions really threaten long-established faiths! The Church should hold a council on how to deal with the Breatharian threat next.

Sad that the Kabbalah has been used as a basis for a new fad religion.

Every time I see the New Age section at Barnes and Noble set next to the Bibles I can literally feel Jesus crying.

i don't know anything about the context of Christian Kabbalah but it sounds like it could be done right. but, you know, Jews for Jesus sounds good in principle until you find out it's some kind of creepy evangelical recruiting "religion".