Original KISS Drummer PETER CRISS's 1970s Home In Connecticut On Market For $1.875 Million

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to the Los Angeles Times, a Connecticut house that was once owned by original KISS drummer Peter Criss is on the market for $1.875 million. The Normandy-style home in Greenwich has four bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms and overlooks a small pond with a waterfall and an arched wooden bridge. Across the grounds, there's a 650-square-foot cottage with a kitchen and lofted bed space. In 1977, Peter and his first wife Lydia Criss purchased the house and dubbed it "Country Comfort." The couple split a short time later, with Lydia telling Backstage Auctions: "I felt like we got this house for nothing. We ended keeping the house for eight years, which I loved, I loved. I moved out of it. I rented it for two years or a year and a half and then I moved back into it." Criss moved out of the house shortly after meeting his second wife, Playboy centerfold and Coppertone model Debra Jensen, at a 1978 party thrown by Rod Stewart. Lydia later told People magazine: "Communication between us just stopped. He denied her existence for four months, but deep down I knew it was another woman. Then someone close told me, 'It's too bad, you've worked all these years and she’s going to step into your shoes.'" After Peter served Lydia with divorce papers, the couple agreed to a $1 million-plus out-of-court settlement. As part of the settlement, Lydia was awarded the Greenwich house. Criss first left KISS in 1980. Since then he's worked with other bands and released solo albums. He teamed up with KISS again for a reunion tour in the 1990s and most recently in 2004. He was replaced by Eric Singer. The four original members of KISS were inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in April 2014 by RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE guitarist Tom Morello. Criss, who was known as "Catman," released his last solo CD, titled "One For All", in 2007. Peter produced the album himself for the first time, and was joined by guest musicians that included keyboardist Paul Shaffer and bassist Will Lee of "Late Night With David Letterman". The album featured a range of styles, from rock and jazz to blues and Broadway, and included covers of "What A Difference A Day Makes" and "Send In The Clowns".

?JUST LISTED I'm excited to share my newest listing, an enchanting Normandy home located at 6 Carpenters Brook Rd in...

Posted by Tuck Keating Real Estate on Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Continue reading...