Original versions of the 1st 3 albums

Dec 22, 2001
Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
Visit site
Hello to all, I was just curious about something. I first got into Opeth in 1997 when I bought the Candlelight version of Morningrise as an import before Century Media got the distribution rights here in the U.S. It even has that "66 minutes of the best metal you will ever hear!" sticker on the case. I was wondering how many of you have the original Candlelight versions of that one, Orchid, or MAYH??

Oh, also I have seen at The End Records website they have these "TIN" versions of the first 3 albums. Other then the sticker what is different about these? They're kinda pricey, are there other extras? I thought maybe the case was tin or something? lol

I have all the originals, no reissues. and i got the LP's autographed

I wouldn't want to get reissues just for some bonus tracks (much less for some tin editions),. I've had those bonus tracks long before they were added on the resissues

Caelum Adustum said:
I don't have any of the originals, my Orchid and MAYH have bonus tracks too which bother me for some reason....they take away from the last song, you know what I'm sayin? Maybe I'm just super anal about these kind of things.

I also have the re-issues of Orchid and MAYH on DLP.

No your not alone. I having to rush to my CD player ends everytime Orchid or Nightside and Athems by Emperor end to turn it off before the next song begins. Its not even that they're bad songs (I love In Longing Spirit by Emperor) but they are not part of the actual album, and do not fit in with the other songs at all. I couldn't imagine having the beauty of Epilougue being interupted by Cirlce of the Tyrants, its not suposed to be there.

As for my CDs the Orchid is the re-release with the bonus, while the other two are distributed by Century Black, so I geuss their not first editions but seconds? Im not sure....

Mine are reissues but there appears to be something horribly wrong with my Morningrise...maybe you guys have this one as well...on the text on the cover and liners theres an assload of typos...i mean even on the side where it says the name of the record it says "Mornigrise" :guh:
ummmm...

I've got re-issues of MAYH and Orchid, original of Morningrise.. I dislike the re-issues.. annoying bonus-tracks! Especially on Orchid.. nasty ass-raping sound. The bonus tracks MAYH are not as bad, but it is a lot better without them..

I have the morningrise original. I'm looking for the original Orchid and MAYH (especially that last one) because I hate those bonustracks. It stops me from buying those two albums.

Orchid - vinyl re-issue (bonus track)
Morningrise - original
MAYH - original
Still Life - re-issue (no bonus! :)
BWP - digipack with bonus CD, signed (I burned 2 bonus tracks with original BWP CD to not change CD-s eveery time)
Deliverance - signed jewel case
Damnation - vinyl

I've got:

Orchid, Morningrise and MAYH (re-issues with bonus tracks but no tpographical mistakes).

Still Life - Slip case

Blackwater Park - original edition

Deliverance - digi-pack with sticker

Damnation - original edition