OT: Adler confirmed as guest drummer for Megadave

aliasp

Old School since '86
Oct 26, 2003
So it's official. LOG's (not the Legion of Doom from the old NWA) Chris Adler will guest as drummer on the new Megadeth album.

Nice. His drumming for me is what makes LOG so damn good. Will be interesting to see what he brings to the new album especially given how middle of the road, hard rock Super Collider was - though Mustaine has stated the new album will be a more thrasher less radio friendly affair.

Good to see Mustaine didn't just give up and reunited with Menza and Friedman for a quick cash grab, which was surely bound to happen. Luckily instead, he chose to collaborate with one of the best drummers in metal and hopefully they're gonna create a kick-ass material.

That much is true but Adler does have a distinct playing style.

Brazilian virtuoso Kiko Loureiro joins the band as their new guitarist too.

Don't know much about adler but I highly doubt adrummer is going to change the way megadeath sound,Dave is the boss.

This is also true, don't forget that Dave once hired the best drummer EVER (Vinnie Colaiuta that is), and there wasn't any dramatical change, let's hope Adler will not only be a hired gun though.

From the interview, Mustaine, Ellefson and Adler are conjuring the image of a 'back to heavier style' music.
The mentioning of 'no more radio friendly songs' and 'thrash metal' are being thrown in too.

Remember the music snippets during Supercollider's recordings? I have been fooled for dreaming that album would be a good speed metal fest

From the interview, Mustaine, Ellefson and Adler are conjuring the image of a 'back to heavier style' music.
The mentioning of 'no more radio friendly songs' and 'thrash metal' are being thrown in too.

Remember the music snippets during Supercollider's recordings? I have been fooled for dreaming that album would be a good speed metal fest

Endgame was probably their thrashiest album ever and people would still complain.

Pretty much. Countdown is my most favourite record. I really like United Abominations too. Not very fond of their older records though.

:erk: The first 4 are the best ones. To me Countdown is good but possibly overrated. That's when they tried being like Metallica by changing their sound from less thrash to more mainstream metal.

Good to see Mustaine didn't just give up and reunited with Menza and Friedman for a quick cash grab, which was surely bound to happen.

It almost did happen. According to Nick Menza, Mustaine offered him and Friedman a shitty deal that they turned down. It went so far as rehearsals.

Chris Adler being a part of this new record has given me hope that he'll inject a ton of "true metal Megadeth style" (that's the only way I can put it!!) that fans from the old days are craving.

I recall Lamb of God's making of Sacrament DVD from a few years ago, and he absolutely hated songs that Mark Morton brought in, that weren't flat out ball tearers, to the point where he'd refuse to play/develop them further.

I know he wont have that sort of say with Mustaine, but hopefully some sort of influence at least, as I know he'd want to have no part in another Super Collider.

It's official: I have finally totally given up on Megadeth. A reunion with Menza (who'd committed to it) and Friedman (who I think was open to being convinced to it) is not a quick cash grab, it's a long term future for a band like Megadeth. Let's be honest: they're stock has fallen so low with mainstream AND metal fans, that Mustaine doing it alone is not good enough anymore. Pay the guys who deserve to get payed and then make more money. It's not rocket science.