OT: Death Angel

DiarrheaOfTheMouth

New Metal Member
Apr 9, 2002
Visit site
I saw Death Angel last night at the Shack in Anaheim, CA. They f-in killed, extremely tight playing and a great sound. If you live in the area and are a fan of thrash, I would definitely suggest seeing them tonight @ same venue.

I have to leave town today, but I'm glad I got to see them last night. Got to see some of the old school bands showing up again to show the nu kids how's it done. ;)

i havent really heard any music from these guys,there was a rumour when joey got kicked out of anthrax that the vocalist was in contention for the job!!!

Originally posted by anvil
When did they reform?

i was going to ask the same thing.

anyway, i have their live album. it's not bad, but not great. just average. which studio album should i get first??

I like all 3 a lot. If you are a thrash purist, get ultra-violence. They branch out a little more into Frolic through the park, and a little more than that in Act III. Personally I like all three, but for me their albums are nothing compared to their live show.

They handed out postcards at the show with their new website,
www.death-angel.com.

I saw them live at TOTT for the first time, and they really impressed me. If you guys are familiar with the bill that night, you should know that's no easy task. Singer talked a lot in that show, but I think they were just so excited to play again. Last Friday they were all business. :)

Edit:
About the live album. I remember reading somewhere that the live album was done without their permission by the record company, and the band members did not like the way it turned out but couldn't do anything about it. Unfortunately I don't have a link for this, it's just something I remember seeing sometime ago. Personally I didn't buy it b/c the band didn't endorse it, and I'm not one for bootleg stuff which it kind of seemed like to me.

Originally posted by DiarrheaOfTheMouth
Edit:
About the live album. I remember reading somewhere that the live album was done without their permission by the record company, and the band members did not like the way it turned out but couldn't do anything about it. Unfortunately I don't have a link for this, it's just something I remember seeing sometime ago. Personally I didn't buy it b/c the band didn't endorse it, and I'm not one for bootleg stuff which it kind of seemed like to me.

I read that too about the live album but that was after I had bought it. I don't think it is that bad.

their live album was released to fulfill their 3 album contract they had with Enigma records. they left teh record company before they had finished the 3rd album, they couldn't break the contract, so the live album filled that 3rd spot. Act III was released on Geffen.

........they knew it was recorded that night, I remember some quote were Mark was pointing out were the mic's were, I think it's a pretty good one,but damn!!!the album cover is ugly!!!
I got one with a white DA sticker on it!!

The Ultra-Violence is definitely their best album, and a Thrash Metal classic!! The others aren't nearly as good, Frolic is OK I guess, but Act III had only a few good tracks. The live album is OK as well.

Originally posted by Thrash Metal Tormentor
The Ultra-Violence is definitely their best album, and a Thrash Metal classic!! The others aren't nearly as good, Frolic is OK I guess, but Act III had only a few good tracks. The live album is OK as well.

only a few???????
the whole album kicks ass!!!!!

till this day I still think that when they put out "veil of deception" as a single they will hit the charts in every fuckin country around the world, 100% pure emotion!!!

Death Angel, they rock. I'd love to see them but I have not the proper living location or financial properties :)

Originally posted by DiarrheaOfTheMouth
I saw Death Angel last night at the Shack in Anaheim, CA. They f-in killed, extremely tight playing and a great sound. If you live in the area and are a fan of thrash, I would definitely suggest seeing them tonight @ same venue.

I have to leave town today, but I'm glad I got to see them last night. Got to see some of the old school bands showing up again to show the nu kids how's it done. ;)

hey man i saw that show too, both nights.

on friday, i wore my Destruction shirt and on saturday i wore my SOD shirt.

great show. i was right up front for both nights. i was the bald headed filipino guy who was headbanging intensely if you remember.

i too saw Thrash of the Titans last year. although Dennis didnt have his mohawk this time. ahha

i also saw them this past summer at the Pound and Vultures. yeah i'm a die hard thrash metaller and i got to support my fellow filipino thrashers.