OT: Judas Priest with Ripper Owens

astream

Burning headbanger
Jul 24, 2009
So guys what is your opinion of the time Ripper Owens had with Judas Priest? Admittedly, I had not listened much to it until recently.

However right now I am back at school studying a lot at times, therefore I need metal more than ever. Thought about those two albums Jugulator and Demolition and gave them a shot. To my surprise they are pretty damn good. Not sure what I would have expected, don't know Iced Earth that well. Guess I was a bit afraid of missing the voice of Rob Halford but really I do not, the songs are a bit different I feel from the stuff Priest has done with Halford.

This has in very short time come to be one of my all time favorite metal songs - including the live performance too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AftFqTNdoJA

Listened to Jugulator and thought it was horrible. After that never bothered to listen to Demolition. Just like the Blaze Bayley era Maiden albums are horrible and aren't even worthy of carrying the Iron Maiden name on the album covers.

I didn't care for the two albums, but live with Judas Priest singing the classic stuff... Ripper was awesome, he a cool dude and I'm not just saying that because he's from Northeast Ohio. Saw them play with Ripper at the Cleveland Agora, Anthrax was the opening band incidentally.

My favorite Priest era, my favorite Priest singer. I actually had a chance to hang out with him when he performed in Prague the last time and he was a very cool guy too.

I never saw this lineup. The only time I've seen Ripper was when he played with Dio Disciples and all I can say is that his voice is amazing live. As far as the two Priest albums he recorded, Jugulator is better than Demolition but both are worth a listen if anyone hasn't already.

I saw them twice, (Jugulator, Demolition tour) and the latter show was easily their best show I've seen. I saw then the reunion tour show, with Rob, which was good, and then I caught them on the Angel Of Retribution tour. I almost walked out during the show, couldn't believe how terrible Rob was. I never saw them again, even though they've performed here at least three times.

I saw them twice, (Jugulator, Demolition tour) and the latter show was easily their best show I've seen. I saw then the reunion tour show, with Rob, which was good, and then I caught them on the Angel Of Retribution tour. I almost walked out during the show, couldn't believe how terrible Rob was. I never saw them again, even though they've performed here at least three times.

A bit off topic, but from what I've heard, Rob is singing MUCH better on this tour.