.:OT:. Loomis videos from Guitar World

Yeah, I love those videos. Seeing that all that stuff could be played on the Hellraiser was what partially convinced me to buy one. I still can't play that damned River Dragon solo-interlude up to speed though!

Not me Moonlapse. I played the BlackJack C7 at a store, and loved it, but I wanted EMG's, the sales guy said I should look on Schecter's site, and there was the Hellraiser, anticipated release only a month away. I put an order for one in at DrumCityGuitarLand before they ever came out and coincidentally...I got mine 3 days before any of the stores around here which had ordered them from Schecter months before I did, :) I love my Hellraiser. And this just makes it *that* much better. Seeing well known guitar players using it makes me even happier about my purchase. Cheers.

~006

Loomis is the man for sure. To be honest, I don't really see what the Hellraiser has to do with his insane playing skills. Loomis would still rip if he played the cheapest pawn shop squier imitation that you could find. I bet my way of thinking is what Schecter's marketing department is trying to defeat :tickled:

Don't get me wrong though, it is a very nice guitar :headbang:
And thanks for sharing those videos!

Ooooooooh the Loomis.......

the loomis is the jason becker of metal.

anyone ever hear those little demos he was doing when he was like 16 or 17? ive got thema round here somewhere...

not to ramble but.. the closer track of godless is phenomenal.

nah.. jason becker was the wunderkind master sweeper hero of yesteryear and shrapnel times...

loomis just takes becker to the next level with all of the becker licks but puts them into nev..

im pretty sure if you ask loomis who his hero is, he'll say jason becker.

Mendel said:
hahah etherforbreakfast is right :D

but come on, cacophony was metal !!

btw that arpeggio lesson for psalm of. daaaammnn

The Psalm of Lydia stuff is pretty easy. That arpeggio thing in the end is just a symmetric pattern. What really messes with me is the note choice for the River Dragon solo-interlude thing. My brain just can't make sense of it, and hence my fingers can't follow :lol:

Moonlapse said:
The Psalm of Lydia stuff is pretty easy. That arpeggio thing in the end is just a symmetric pattern. What really messes with me is the note choice for the River Dragon solo-interlude thing. My brain just can't make sense of it, and hence my fingers can't follow :lol:

Well it's just a diminished lick with some chromatic lines in it. It's cool though!