OT: New EVANESCENCE is very good!

kirkland

Jan 30, 2011
EDIT: The new Evanescence debuted at #1 on the Billboard charts. And I truly believe they deserve it as the new album is amazing.

Just downloaded it. I guess it officially comes out on Tuesday. There are of course a few pop sounding songs on it. But I put the CD into a good stereo system and found myself really enjoying most of the CD. There are some really heavy songs, some great heavy riffs and despite what some people may think about her, she is fat, poppy etc..whatever, Amy Lee sounds fucking amazing. I don't care if you like this type of music or not her voice is simply stunning on this new CD.

Yeah its not thrash metal, its barely even metal but the CD is VERY good for what it is and I would suggest it to anyone that wants to hear something a bit different than just aggressive thrash metal.

I also suggest playing it in a good stereo system to get the max effect out of it. I first played it just on my laptop speakers and couldn't believe how much heavier and just better it sounded in my good stereo system in my home.:headbang:

Anthrax
Machine Head
Evanescence

All 3 of those are now on auto rotate for me

Will check it out. Didn't mind the debut record in all honesty. As for Amy Lee, she's a great singer. You know you would.....

kirkland, If you already haven't I think you should check out early Nightwish. Really good stuff.

Amy Lee is an amazing singer. But I don't really like the band. I'd love see her part with the band and go on her own.

Love Amy Lee's music and her voice. I'm just not crazy for the songs where she repeatedly carries notes out too long. Still like the songs itself though :)
I like Nightwish, too. Fist song I've heard from them was 'Whoever Brings The Night'. It was the instrumental version on a PS3's Little Big Planet 2 soundtrack. I bought the version with vocals on iTunes and thought it was pretty good. Has alot of heavy riffs and the drumming is awesome.

Whatever Mr. 100% closed minded, thrash metal head :p ;)

What are you talking about - I listen to heavy metal, death metal, melodic death metal, thrash metal, black metal, groove metal, deathcore, folk metal, symphonic metal, symphonic black, progressive metal, doom metal, goregrind, power metal, math metal, neo-classical metal ;).... and classical music

What are you talking about - I listen to heavy metal, death metal, melodic death metal, thrash metal, black metal, groove metal, deathcore, folk metal, symphonic metal, symphonic black, progressive metal, doom metal, goregrind, power metal, math metal, neo-classical metal ;).... and classical music

Now that's alot of metal :headbang: :loco:

The Gathering

Anneke...
lordofthefiles_homer-drool.gif

Whatever the new single is sounds pretty good, didnt know it was them when I heard it on radio.

The single is probably my least favorite song on the new album. There are some songs with some really heavy riffs.

If you have ever seen them live they sound a lot heavier in concert than on CD. But the new CD is really good. I have been listening to it non stop since I got it.

I really don't like female fronted rock bands. Nightwish and Within Temptation just don't do it for me. There is something special about Evanescence that sets them apart. I think Amy Lee's voice is far superior to just about any female vocalist out there. She may be 'pop' at times or what ever but her voice is very powerful.

They are expected to be number 1 on Billboard charts this week selling 120k albums the first week. So they definetely get a lot of pop fans that follow them. But besides the single and maybe 1 or 2 other songs on the new album I don't hear much 'pop'. The slower ballad songs are amazing on this album.

..ps I like Arch Enemy. That chick is hot as hell and has lungs from hell. For a metal band they are my favorite female fronted band.