OT: New Evanescence

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
I know some of you were anxious to hear the new Evanescence, One of my dear friends Terry is their guitar player, I know the guys/girl in the band well, was in the studio with them recently. Terry has gone through hell and back this past year. Despite what you may think of them here is a song from their new record which will be released October 3. This song is called "Call me when you're sober" It is not officially released yet. Here ya go. I am really curious what you all think of it... even non Evanescence fans, bad or good just curious. Its a really exciting time right now for us

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=09C18DD609DFA204 (edit: no longer available, but am sure you have heard this song millions of times by now)

Second listening....

This song is growing on me loads and loads.
I love the guitar sound, especially on the lead bits.

I've been looking for another band to listen to since Nightwish split with their singer.....I think I have found them.

Looks liek they gained a new fan....even if it is only on the basis of this song and two of their older ones ;)

Timewarrior2001 said:
Second listening....

This song is growing on me loads and loads.
I love the guitar sound, especially on the lead bits.

I've been looking for another band to listen to since Nightwish split with their singer.....I think I have found them.

Looks liek they gained a new fan....even if it is only on the basis of this song and two of their older ones ;)

Right on. You'll love the full record then. Terry is a total Metal head. He is big time into Maiden, Slayer etc. Its funny he writes the tunes for Evanescence, but it all works out in the end. Glad you like it, I hope this record shows that Evanescence isn't just a pop 1 hit wonder band.

I met Terry. I asked him if he is ever going to play pre-Fallen material and he said yeah. Then I asked him if he would play Even in Death and he said, "EEWWWW, I hate that song!!!" I was like awe man. "So are you going to play the stuff before Fallen? and he said, "Probably, but not that song!" Kind of bummed me out.

I met Terry. I asked him if he is ever going to play pre-Fallen material and he said yeah. Then I asked him if he would play Even in Death and he said, "EEWWWW, I hate that song!!!" I was like awe man. "So are you going to play the stuff before Fallen? and he said, "Probably, but not that song!" Kind of bummed me out.

Terrys best band was Cold. 13 Ways to Bleed On Stage is one of the best albums ever created IMO